What is restricted if user has user access?

What is restricted if user has user access?

Post by Mary » Wed, 25 Sep 2002 05:55:19

I guess my question is what is the difference between user access and full
control? I want to be able to grant some users (who are not admins)
permission to log onto a server using terminal services, but I don't want
them to be able to change things like DNS. Will giving them user access
prevent changes like that?

Thanks

What is restricted if user has user access?

Post by MVP » Wed, 25 Sep 2002 06:16:50

Mary,

If you have the server configured as a regular "member" server with TS
in application mode, they will have minimal rights to do anything to the
system.  Reconfiguring system services will definitely not be an option.

If you have a variant configuration, such as running Terminal Services
on a domain controller, it will take more work to allow them to log on
and they will have more rights, but it will be a far stretch to taking
control of anything server wide.   You will start giving them excess
privileges only if you make them Power Users or members of a similar
group.

--
Please respond in the newsgroup so everyone may benefit.
 http://dev.remotenetworktechnology.com

Quote:> I guess my question is what is the difference between user access and