add/remove programs will not open

Post by Greg Turnbul » Thu, 18 Jul 2002 21:06:27

I implemented a security policy which also included
permissions for the registry and folders/files on the
server.

After doing so I cannot use the add/remove programs
control panel anymore. It doesnt open.

Thanks
Greg Turnbull

1. Add/remove programs will not open

I have a client running windows 2000 Server.  In control
panel when we click add/remove programs we get nothing.
It seems to be opening for a few seconds and then the hour
glass goes away and nothing happens.  We have tried to
check system files and have reapplied service pack 2 and
still nothing.

2. Dissasemble *.sys file

3. ADD/REMOVE Programs not opening

4. Be Patient When Copying CDs!

5. Class not registered (Appwiz.cpl) when opening ADD/REMOVE programs applet in Windows 2000

6. Trade Casio E-10 for E-105 Multimedia CD

7. Add/Remove Programs will not open

8. GUID: Which part(s) is/are unique per computer?

9. could not open add/remove programs

10. add/remove programs starts, but will not open.

11. add and remove program will not open

12. Add/Remove Programs not opening in Control Panel in Win2K - Help?

13. Can not open Add & Remove Programs