changing home directory

Post by L. Mille » Wed, 16 Apr 2003 05:40:54

I need to change some of my existing users home
directories from a network drive to their local c: because
they use laptops. Besides copying the files to the c: and
changing the setting in AD/profiles, are there any other
pitfalls I should be aware of?

1. Changing home directories

Hey -

I wrote an ADSI script to go through and change all of my user's logon names
in accordance with the new corporate naming standard.  The problem I now
have is that all of the home directories are are still named for the old
user names. Can I use ADSI to go through and change all of the names on the
disk (I know I can use it to change the dir. names within the user objects)?

Thanks

2. Searching Subfolders

3. Change all users Terminal Services Home Directory

4. Roaming

5. Win XP Home User Locked Out After Password Changed in Active Directory

6. xwd problem under IRIX 5.2

7. home directory changes in upgrade

8. Partitions

9. Changing TS Home Directory path for many users

10. Need to change permissions for over 100 home directories

11. Changing location of documents and settings directory; use of home folder

12. Changing "Home Directory" in UserManager/Profiles

13. Change default path of Save As from My Document to Mapped Home Directory