MSVCRT.dl

MSVCRT.dl

Post by Crash Maste » Thu, 15 Jun 2000 04:00:00



When I starting any programs I receive error message:

----------------------------Screen-Shot-------------------------------
Entry Point Not Found


 be located in the dynamic link library MCVCRT.dll
----------------------------Screen-Shot-------------------------------

 
 
 

MSVCRT.dl

Post by Jerold Schulma » Fri, 16 Jun 2000 04:00:00




>When I starting any programs I receive error message:

>----------------------------Screen-Shot-------------------------------
>Entry Point Not Found


> be located in the dynamic link library MCVCRT.dll
>----------------------------Screen-Shot-------------------------------

Do a repair, repairing system files, or just replace msvcrt.dll by expanding it
into the \System32\dllcache and \System32 folders in that order.

Jerold Schulman / MVP
JSI, Inc.
http://www.jsiinc.com

 
 
 

MSVCRT.dl

Post by Chris Maso » Sat, 17 Jun 2000 04:00:00


I have also had trouble with this dll. How does one go about doing a repair
with the install disks? It brings up a DOS screen, but I don't know what
command to use to replace or repair this file. I'd rather repair this than
do a new installation.

Thanks in advance.

Chris Mason


Quote:> On Wed, 14 Jun 2000 20:47:05 +0200, "Crash Master"



> >When I starting any programs I receive error message:

> >----------------------------Screen-Shot-------------------------------
> >Entry Point Not Found


> > be located in the dynamic link library MCVCRT.dll
> >----------------------------Screen-Shot-------------------------------

> Do a repair, repairing system files, or just replace msvcrt.dll by
expanding it
> into the \System32\dllcache and \System32 folders in that order.

> Jerold Schulman / MVP
> JSI, Inc.
> http://www.jsiinc.com

 
 
 

MSVCRT.dl

Post by Kishore Dev » Mon, 19 Jun 2000 04:00:00


Try running the system file checker (sfc.exe) to replace the file.


> I have also had trouble with this dll. How does one go about doing a
repair
> with the install disks? It brings up a DOS screen, but I don't know what
> command to use to replace or repair this file. I'd rather repair this than
> do a new installation.

> Thanks in advance.

> Chris Mason



> > On Wed, 14 Jun 2000 20:47:05 +0200, "Crash Master"


> > >When I starting any programs I receive error message:

> > >----------------------------Screen-Shot-------------------------------
> > >Entry Point Not Found


> > > be located in the dynamic link library MCVCRT.dll
> > >----------------------------Screen-Shot-------------------------------

> > Do a repair, repairing system files, or just replace msvcrt.dll by
> expanding it
> > into the \System32\dllcache and \System32 folders in that order.

> > Jerold Schulman / MVP
> > JSI, Inc.
> > http://www.jsiinc.com

 
 
 

1. How Active Setup Resumes (and may be ripping you off on DL time)

I am one of the many undergoing the lengthy process of downloading IE5 (full
version: 33884KB) over an analog connection.  I have resumed 40 times so far
since 6am CST, and have now decided to put it off until midnight tonight.

Active Setup resumes by starting right after the last **fully downloaded**
file (usually a CAB file).  For example, I have been trying to download the
Java Virtual Machine (a 4.5MB component) for the past two hours.  Each time
I resume, the download starts at 11263KB.  Last time, my download went up to
about 13500KB, then ActiveSetup said the connection was lost, and to try and
resume later on.  But, because ActiveSetup did not **completely finish**
downloading the last CAB file (JVM), it scraps the incomplete file (about
2.2MB worth) and starts over.

Now, in my opinion, this method is pretty stupid.  CuteFTP and Getright
resume files by rolling back 4KB and starting from there.  The resumed files
aren't corrupted in any way - they are identical to files downloaded in one
continuous transfer.  I just don't understand why Microsoft's Active Setup
doesn't want to resume individual files - it will only resume the *whole
download process*, which actually consists of tens of files.  Also, consider
this: even when you download a file in one continuous, uninterrupted
session, you are still downloading them packet-by-packet, with the computer
piecing them together as they arrive.

I would appreciate any explanation on the subject, as would many others.

Vinod Nagubadi

VN-MVP :-)

2. PersonalVideoOption for Octane destroyed ?????

3. SysTray.dl

4. CD-R74MU

5. Where can I DL MS Chat?

6. Need help with Apple /// sos.kernel

7. Winsys32.dl - such a thing??

8. explorer - page fault in rpcrt4.dl on start up

9. How Do I DL The W98 SE Patch?

10. Office 97 SR2 Available - BUT DL is VERY Slow!

11. Need Q329077 dl and save

12. After a lot of Net dl'ing and playing system sloooows down