Add/Remove Programs not working

Post by Max DiOri » Tue, 19 Sep 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

I recently set up a Windows 2000 AS Machine.  It seems that Add/Remove
Programs does not work.  When I click on Add/Remove Programs, I get an
hourglass pointer, then it disappears and nothing happens.  I have tried
copying a working copy of the Add/Remove Programs applet from another AS
machine to the "bad" one, but that didn't work?  Does anyone have any ideas
as to how to fix this?

Max DiOrio

Add/Remove Programs not working

Post by Sean » Tue, 19 Sep 2000 04:00:00

Do you have SP1? Also you may want to select the repair option when booting
from the Win2k Cd, that should fix the problem.

--

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=
Sean V

www.thesecurebox.com
--
-

Add/Remove Programs not working

Post by Max DiOri » Tue, 19 Sep 2000 04:00:00

I can't quite recall, but I believe the problem started after SP1 was
installed.
I was just thinking about using the repair feature...I want to do anything I
can to prevent a reinstall of the darn OS.

Max

Quote:> Do you have SP1? Also you may want to select the repair option when
booting
> from the Win2k Cd, that should fix the problem.

> --

> =+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=
> Sean V

> www.thesecurebox.com
> --
> -

Add/Remove Programs not working

Post by kevin robert » Thu, 21 Sep 2000 04:00:00

i had the same issue after installing ie5.5 - battled with it over a month
before reinstalling (which went well - didnt lose any programs or settings)

> I can't quite recall, but I believe the problem started after SP1 was
> installed.
> I was just thinking about using the repair feature...I want to do anything
> can to prevent a reinstall of the darn OS.

> Max

> > Do you have SP1? Also you may want to select the repair option when
> booting
> > from the Win2k Cd, that should fix the problem.

> > --

> > =+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=
> > Sean V

> > www.thesecurebox.com
> > --
> > -

1. Add/Remove Programs not working

Hey....

I've done a brand new install of Win2000 on a freshly
fomatted drive (NTSF), I've installed some programs and
want to remove them.
I go to the Control Panel, double click the Add/Remove
Programs icon, but nothing happens.

It seems like it wants to start working (because the HD
sounds like it runs for a bit) but nothing actually
happens.
Is there some way to get this functioning properly? Like
using the Win2000 recovery?

All help will be greatly appreciated.

2. Bauhaus without the breaks

3. add/remove programs not working