Strange problem here. I set up the first AD server, with DNS using dcpromo,
and got clients and servers to see the domain controller without using WINS.
AD1, the first domain controller, points to itself and another BIND DNS
I set up the second DC (AD2) pointed the DNS to AD1 first, then to itself.
All of the service record entries seem to have been created, but a client
cannot find a domain controller when attempting to join the domain.
The service record entries show both ad1 and ad2 as domain controllers, and
the A records exist as well. Both machines can be pinged without any
problems. I even shut down AD2, and still cannot join the domain.