Add/Remove program in W2000Pro does not work

Add/Remove program in W2000Pro does not work

Post by Lee Justic » Sat, 26 Apr 2003 01:47:52

I needed to update Mcaffee VirusScan Professional v7.0, but
after downloading the new file, and before updating, I had
to Remove the previous file.  When accessing Add/Remove I
received an error message as follows:  "An unexpected error
occurred"  Object doesnot support this property or method.
res://sp3res.dll/default.hta     Line 82.
The Mcaffee Uninstall program also would not remove the
old program either.     Any help available would be very
much appreciated.
                          Lee in SC

Post by MV » Sat, 26 Apr 2003 02:03:30

> I needed to update Mcaffee VirusScan Professional v7.0, but
> after downloading the new file, and before updating, I had
> to Remove the previous file.  When accessing Add/Remove I
> received an error message as follows:  "An unexpected error
> occurred"  Object doesnot support this property or method.
> res://sp3res.dll/default.hta     Line 82.

Hi

A Google newsgroup search:

http://groups.google.com/groups?as_q=sp3res.dll/default.hta&safe=imag...

--
torgeir
Administration scripting examples and an ONLINE version of the 1328 page

1. Add/Remove Programs icon not working

I have a Win2K Server running Terminal Services.  Everything has been
running smooth.   One day I went to install an app, through control panel,
and the Add/Remove Programs will not work.   I click on it and nothing
happens.  I don't have a policy setup on it.  Has anybody ever seen this, or
more importantly, does anyone know how to fix it??

2. Girbil and 3MX

3. ADD\Remove Programs not working

4. Listing of all symbols in latex/amsmath

5. add/remove programs not working

6. Full house A3000 system

7. OS/2 Eating Memory?

8. Add/remove programs not working on DC

9. Add/remove programs not working

10. Add/Remove Program Does Not Work

11. Add Remove Programs in Control Panel not working

12. Here's a strange one for you -- Win2k AS Add/Remove Programs does not work