Norton Ghost 2003 cannot ghost the C drive of Windows 2k Advanced Server.

Norton Ghost 2003 cannot ghost the C drive of Windows 2k Advanced Server.

Post by Joe » Thu, 26 Jun 2003 09:13:30

The C drive of the Windows2k Server has a bad sector and Norton Ghost 2003
does not allow me to ghost the C drive because of the Bad sector, what is my
best option to duplicate the current hard disk to another hard disk before
my C drive crashes. Thanks.

Norton Ghost 2003 cannot ghost the C drive of Windows 2k Advanced Server.

Post by Bret » Thu, 26 Jun 2003 21:57:15

Boot off of the OS CD and run Chkdsk to have it fix the
drive and then run Ghost again.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>The C drive of the Windows2k Server has a bad sector and
Norton Ghost 2003
>does not allow me to ghost the C drive because of the Bad
sector, what is my
>best option to duplicate the current hard disk to another
hard disk before
>my C drive crashes. Thanks.

>.

1. Norton Ghost 2003 and Win 2000 Server

I am having serious problems. I think 2 of my 4 scsi drivers are
corrupted now.

First I have 4 identical scsi 34 gb drives. 2 Drives (0 & 3) are
mirrored, Drive C: and 1&2 are mirrored (dynamic volumes).  I
installed Ghost 2003 and tried to run image copy to CDR/W it said my
partition on C: was 8,001 MB (2,253 MB used) in Size, clicked ok to
continue,then got a bunch of bad sectors. I was asked if I wanted to
continue, I chose no. After reboot I tried again with the switched
-FFX and -FNI, but noticed the size and used was both 8,001MB
(strange?).I then booted to PC Dos to try image again.  I clicked ok
and got the same bad sectors message this time I chose to continue and
disregard the other bad sector messages.  After creating 5 cdr image I
was booted back in to windows.  I went in to disk management and
noticed that drive 3 was Missing Red X and I had another red X further
down on the list about the same drive (can't remember message) but it
was "unreadable".  I called Dell and said the disk was damaged (they
are sending another one). In the mean time I decided to remove mirror
from Drive 1&2 (so I could mirror c:) and created a mirror with 0 & 1.
After format and resynching everything was good.  I then tried to
create and image with Ghost of C. Same problem as above (now Disk 1 is
marked as "Unreadable" Rescanning and reactiving disks does nothing.
Do I have 2 bad disks now? How could ghost cause this and what can I
do?

2. mysterious loopback...

3. W2000 Pro Installer - Won't work with Norton Ghost 2003

4. Crystal report

5. Norton Ghost 2003

6. ROD / Virtuoso newbie question

7. MacOS and A/UX compatibility

8. Norton Ghost and Drive Image with Win 2k

9. Ghosting using DOS with Norton. First time Ghosting

10. Ghosting 2k server and 2k TS server: Server ID or anything else needed.

11. norton ghost - how can i access NTFS partition on a 2k server

12. Norton Ghost 2001 & Windows 2k