Changing hard drive format

Post by Kevi » Wed, 21 Jun 2000 04:00:00

I have tried to change my format and partion so that I could make a dual
boot with Partition Magic but it does not work on windows 2000.  Any other
programs I can use to change my file format from NTFS to fat32?  Any
suggestions?  Thanks in advance.

Kevin

Changing hard drive format

Post by 100% Recycle » Wed, 21 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Boot from the setup CD and choose repair and then repair console. Type
"diskpart" (without the commas) at the prompt. Delete the partition, create
a new one and format it using "format c: /fs:fat32" (again, without the
commas).

                                100% Recycled
--
My Website:
http://doofus4real.virtualave.net/

http://www.thehungersite.com/

Quote:> I have tried to change my format and partion so that I could make a dual
> boot with Partition Magic but it does not work on windows 2000.  Any other
> programs I can use to change my file format from NTFS to fat32?  Any
> suggestions?  Thanks in advance.

> Kevin

1. Hard Drive changed format from NTFS to Raw on ReBoot

Hello,

I was workning on my computer yesterday, downloading some
file from the internet to a secondary hard drive formated
NTFS.

Windows update infomed me that their were new critical
updates to install and I allowed it to install the updates
(i did not check to see which updates it installed).

When the computer rebooted after the update my secondary
hard drive now is unreadable and chkdsk says the file
format is RAW.

Has anyone had this problem before and is there a way,
other than formating the drive, to restore the file system
to NTFS?

Does anyone know why this might have happened?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt Brown

2. coordinates to excel

3. Hard drive changed format from NTFS to Raw on reboot

4. Permission problems

5. File format on Hard Drive change from NTFS to Raw on reboot

6. qmail Problem

7. Hard Drive file format changed from NTFS to Raw on reboot

8. Can I change a hard drive lable without re-formatting?

9. A problem with my second hard drive: Two drive letters, one single hard drive

10. Change of hard drive changes TP icons ?

11. Duplicating Hard drive with Drive Image and changing CD Key

12. Copy entire hard drive onto bigger hard drive