Error Message The registry file cannot load Hive file

Error Message The registry file cannot load Hive file

Post by Gary » Sat, 29 Sep 2001 00:13:30

I have a computer that recieves the following stop error
message. I have formatted it for the same error in the
past and it has done it again. So today I will try to find
anyone who might know what or why this happened and how to
correct it. Thank you in advance for any help you may be
able to offer.

STOP:  c0000218 {Registry File Failure}The registry cannot
load the hive (file):\SystemRoot\System32
\Config\SOFTWAREor its log or alternate.It is corrupt,
absent, or not writable.Beginning dump of physical
memoryPhysical memory dump complete. Contact your system
administrator ortechnical support group.

Gary

Post by Jerold Schulma » Sat, 29 Sep 2001 23:35:17

>I have a computer that recieves the following stop error
>message. I have formatted it for the same error in the
>past and it has done it again. So today I will try to find
>anyone who might know what or why this happened and how to
>correct it. Thank you in advance for any help you may be
>able to offer.

>STOP:  c0000218 {Registry File Failure}The registry cannot
>load the hive (file):\SystemRoot\System32
>\Config\SOFTWAREor its log or alternate.It is corrupt,
>absent, or not writable.Beginning dump of physical
>memoryPhysical memory dump complete. Contact your system
>administrator ortechnical support group.

>Gary

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q156/6/40.asp

Jerold Schulman / MVP
JSI, Inc.
http://www.jsiinc.com

1. REGISTRY CANNOT LOAD HIVE FILE

Can someone please help. i started my laptop and it
reaches the screen showing win200 professional with the
blue bar but then goes to a blue screen saying

"Ther registry cannot load the HIVE file:
systemroot\system32\config\software. it is corrupt,
missing or unwriteable"

then it keeps restarting itself

CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP

2. Help: OPL reference?

3. Cannot load the hive(file)

4. Where can I find Hardware project for Spectrum and QL?

5. Registry failure can not load hive file

6. Anyone using TI C80

7. Registry Cannot Read Hive File - AGAIN!

8. FS: SMT No Slot Clock

9. registry cannot load the hive \SystemRoot\System32\Config\SOFTWARE

10. Err Msg: STOP: C0000218 ...Registry Cannot Load the Hive

11. registry cannot load Hive

12. Error Message: Windows cannot unload your registry file...

13. Error message "cannot open file", and file opens