Dual-booting Linux and Windows 2000

Post by Ahmed Mesba » Tue, 12 Jun 2001 02:19:28

I'm about to install Linux-Mandrake 8.0 so that it dual boots with my
Windows 2000 machine. I was wondering if anyone has tried this and if so
what is your experience with it? Plus, any good guides out there on how to
dual boot. I've checked the mini-how-to on the Linux Documentation Project
Website, but that's geared towards NT4.

Thanks.

Ahmed Mesbah

Dual-booting Linux and Windows 2000

Post by Mickey Stei » Tue, 12 Jun 2001 02:04:17

http://www.littlewhitedog.com/reviews_other_00011.asp makes it very easy.
I've had no problems with this technique (using win2k boot.ini) and triple
booting 98, 2k, and linux.

Quote:> I'm about to install Linux-Mandrake 8.0 so that it dual boots with my
> Windows 2000 machine. I was wondering if anyone has tried this and if so
> what is your experience with it? Plus, any good guides out there on how to
> dual boot. I've checked the mini-how-to on the Linux Documentation Project
> Website, but that's geared towards NT4.

> Thanks.

> Ahmed Mesbah

1. Dual-Booting Window 2000 & Linux on seperate drives

I am experiencing a problem dual booting Windows 2000 and
Linux on seperate drives.  Using GRUB as the Linux boot
loader.  When I boot into Windows 2000 the Logical Disk
Manager hangs until it times out.  This causes a 3-4
minute boot time, which is unacceptable.

Does anyone have a fix for this?

2. Anyone ever use RegisterNotify w/ NFY_STARTDLL parm?

3. Window 2000 Advance server as a dual boot system with Linux

4. Modem Chipset Manufacturers

5. Dual booting Windows 2000 & Linux

6. Teac 532E and unreliable DAE

7. Dual Booting Windows 2000 and Linux Red Hat 7.3

8. Section View

9. Dual booting Linux and Windows 2000

10. Dual booting Windows 2000 and Linux Mandrake

11. Dual-Booting with Windows 98 & Windows 2000 PRO

12. setting up win 2000 for dual boot with linux

13. Win 2000 / linux dual boot problems