Need to move a group of PC's on/off Proxy server easily

Need to move a group of PC's on/off Proxy server easily

Post by Dave B [MCSD » Thu, 12 Dec 2002 21:40:49

I need to move a group of PC's on and off our Proxy server as quickly and as
simply as possible. So it is a case of before a lesson starts I will be told
to take all the PC's off then after the lesson has finished I will have to
enable them again.

At the moment I have to login as me, enable the option in the local policy,
then go into IE properties and tick/untick the proxy server box. Trouble is
this has to be done on every PC individually.

All the clients run Windows 2000, Domain Servers are NT4 and I don't have
access to the proxy server itself as it's sits in another building.

Dave

1. Need to move a group of PC's on/off Proxy Server

I posted this in general but got no replies so it might be better in here.

I need to move a group of PC's on and off our Proxy server as quickly and as
simply as possible. So it is a case of before a lesson starts I will be told
to take all the PC's off then after the lesson has finished I will have to
enable them again.

At the moment I have to login as me, enable the option in the local policy,
then go into IE properties and tick/untick the proxy server box. Trouble is
this has to be done on every PC individually.

All the clients run Windows 2000, Domain Servers are NT4 and I don't have
access to the proxy server itself as it's sits in another building.

Dave

2. reconcilation reports

3. Group Policy won't Bypass Proxy Server for Local IPs

4. select and where clause - help

5. Remote shutdown - pc or server doesn't power off

6. Binhex 4.0 for DOS?

7. Add Domain Group to PC's Admin group

8. Wanted: Contract SENDMAIL guru asap

9. Is win2k adv.server needed proxy server for internet shareing?

10. Windows Explorer Moves Folders Too Easily

11. Moving AD Services off one server to a new server.

12. Need to move some user profiles off c: to another drive

13. Turn off option 'IT is now safe to trun off you computer'.