Questions about TweakUI and Windows 2000

Questions about TweakUI and Windows 2000

Post by Stan Shankma » Mon, 26 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Is there a special version of Tweak UI for Windows 2000?

How can I find the version number of the version I'm currently running?

(There is no Help-about option.)

If I do have to run an NT version, who can shed light on any got-ya's or

Other such things one should be aware of?

Thanks guys,

Stan

Questions about TweakUI and Windows 2000

Post by Mezz » Tue, 27 Jun 2000 04:00:00

For the most part - Tweak comes on the Resource Kit for win 2K (at least it
did in beta).  It works for most things and for those that it doesn't - It
just simply doesnt work.  Reason is Win 2K moved some registery entries for
some stuff - Tweak puts its entries where they no longer matter.  It will
not crash your system - they just won't work.

Quote:

> Is there a special version of Tweak UI for Windows 2000?

> How can I find the version number of the version I'm currently running?

> (There is no Help-about option.)

> If I do have to run an NT version, who can shed light on any got-ya's or

> Other such things one should be aware of?

> Thanks guys,

> Stan

Questions about TweakUI and Windows 2000

Post by Chris Coo » Tue, 27 Jun 2000 04:00:00

If you right click on one of the files, and view properties you can check
the version. 1.27 seems to be most stable with Windows 2000, this version is
available here: http://web.ukonline.co.uk/cook/Win2000.htm

--
Regards
Chris

> For the most part - Tweak comes on the Resource Kit for win 2K (at least
it
> did in beta).  It works for most things and for those that it doesn't - It
> just simply doesnt work.  Reason is Win 2K moved some registery entries
for
> some stuff - Tweak puts its entries where they no longer matter.  It will
> not crash your system - they just won't work.

> > Is there a special version of Tweak UI for Windows 2000?

> > How can I find the version number of the version I'm currently running?

> > (There is no Help-about option.)

> > If I do have to run an NT version, who can shed light on any got-ya's or

> > Other such things one should be aware of?

> > Thanks guys,

> > Stan

Questions about TweakUI and Windows 2000

Post by thefoxy.. » Tue, 27 Jun 2000 04:00:00

works fine for me

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Questions about TweakUI and Windows 2000

Post by Stan Shankma » Tue, 27 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Thanks Chris,

Thanks for letting me know about Tweak UI version 1.27

I could tell by the file dates that they are newer than the one

I have been using. I know about right-clicking and looking

And looking at properties, but I can't find the version number this way.

It seems strange to me, that a program can "register" and not

Display its version number on the "add remove" screen.

I also miss being able to pull down the "Help-About" and get

the version number. Are you sure you can get the version

number by doing a right-click?

Thanks,

Stan
(By the way, can anyone tell me why the above text is double spaced? - I do
a cut-and-past from Word.)

> If you right click on one of the files, and view properties you can check
> the version. 1.27 seems to be most stable with Windows 2000, this version
is
> available here: http://web.ukonline.co.uk/cook/Win2000.htm

> --
> Regards
> Chris
> Birmingham, UK

> > For the most part - Tweak comes on the Resource Kit for win 2K (at least
> it
> > did in beta).  It works for most things and for those that it doesn't -
It
> > just simply doesnt work.  Reason is Win 2K moved some registery entries
> for
> > some stuff - Tweak puts its entries where they no longer matter.  It
will
> > not crash your system - they just won't work.

> > > Is there a special version of Tweak UI for Windows 2000?

> > > How can I find the version number of the version I'm currently
running?

> > > (There is no Help-about option.)

> > > If I do have to run an NT version, who can shed light on any got-ya's
or

> > > Other such things one should be aware of?

> > > Thanks guys,

> > > Stan

Questions about TweakUI and Windows 2000

Post by Chris Coo » Tue, 27 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Yes, check the properties of the tweakui.cpl file, and get the version.

--
Regards
Chris

> Thanks Chris,

> Thanks for letting me know about Tweak UI version 1.27

> I could tell by the file dates that they are newer than the one

> I have been using. I know about right-clicking and looking

> And looking at properties, but I can't find the version number this way.

> It seems strange to me, that a program can "register" and not

> Display its version number on the "add remove" screen.

> I also miss being able to pull down the "Help-About" and get

> the version number. Are you sure you can get the version

> number by doing a right-click?

> Thanks,

> Stan
> (By the way, can anyone tell me why the above text is double spaced? - I
do
> a cut-and-past from Word.)

> > If you right click on one of the files, and view properties you can
check
> > the version. 1.27 seems to be most stable with Windows 2000, this
version
> is
> > available here: http://web.ukonline.co.uk/cook/Win2000.htm

> > --
> > Regards
> > Chris
> > Birmingham, UK

> > > For the most part - Tweak comes on the Resource Kit for win 2K (at
least
> > it
> > > did in beta).  It works for most things and for those that it
doesn't -
> It
> > > just simply doesnt work.  Reason is Win 2K moved some registery
entries
> > for
> > > some stuff - Tweak puts its entries where they no longer matter.  It
> will
> > > not crash your system - they just won't work.

> running?

> or

1. TweakUI 2000 question.

I installed TweakUI 2000 version 1.30.0.1 Prerelease 1 that I got from
the MS web site I believe.  When I try to run it today I get an error
that this prelease version has expired.

This was a Microsft version, not some other version.

Does someone know if there is a newer copy out and if so where I can
get it?  If not can I re-install the 95 version over the 2000 version?
I miss not having it.

TIA

2. SolidWorks to 3D studio

3. TweakUI 2000 question

4. New Book: High-Performance Communication Networks

5. Finding TweakUI for Windows 2000

6. 34 new original design fonts for download Windows and Macintosh

7. Is there a version of TweakUI for Windows 2000?

8. Anything else I should know?

9. TweakUI 1.33 on Windows 2000 Professional - doesn't install?

10. QuickView and TweakUI for Windows 2000

11. TweakUI for Windows 2000?

12. TWEAKUI for Windows 2000

13. TweakUI for windows 2000