Windows explorer - opening view

Post by Dave Patric » Sun, 09 Dec 2001 01:21:59

Edit the shortcut's "Target" to read
%SystemRoot%\explorer.exe /e, D:\
Where D:\ is the drive and or directory you wish to expand.

--
Regards,

Microsoft MVP [Windows NT/ 2000]

 Is there a way to save folder view settings?  For example, whenever I open Windows Explorer, my
folders view has all folders closed except for the top one (which happens to be My Documents).  In
order to get to a folder on C drive, I have to open "My Computer" then "C:\", then the folder I
need.  I need to set it up so that it opens with C:\ already open.
Jason

Windows explorer - opening view

Post by Jerold Schulma » Sun, 09 Dec 2001 02:17:46

Quote:>Is there a way to save folder view settings?  For example,
>whenever I open Windows Explorer, my folders view has all
>folders closed except for the top one (which happens to be
>My Documents).  In order to get to a folder on C drive, I
>have to open "My Computer" then "C:\", then the folder I
>need.  I need to set it up so that it opens with C:\
>already open.

>Jason

See tip 0057 in the 'NT Reg Hacks' at http://www.jsiinc.com

Jerold Schulman / MVP
JSI, Inc.
http://www.jsiinc.com

Windows explorer - opening view

Post by Robert J Sherma » Tue, 11 Dec 2001 11:10:15

Jason,

See the MS article on this subject.. at this URL:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/reskit/en-
us/default.asp?url=/WINDOWS2000/techinfo/reskit/en-
us/prork/prde_ffs_gkge.asp

The article provides a variety of switches and how to not
only change the default (my documents) view to (my
computer) as well as provides other cmd line switches for
other viewing approaches.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----