How to Automatically Log Off the domain user from an Idle systme

How to Automatically Log Off the domain user from an Idle systme

Post by Umar Faroo » Fri, 08 Feb 2002 04:25:54

Anybody knows ,how to automatically Log Off a Domain User
from a system(having windows 2000 Prof), which is idle for
say 15 minutes.

Post by Jerold Schulma » Fri, 08 Feb 2002 22:29:47

>Anybody knows ,how to automatically Log Off a Domain User
>from a system(having windows 2000 Prof), which is idle for
>say 15 minutes.

Using Winexit from the W2K SVR RESKIT SUP ONE, tip 3277 in the 'NT Reg Hacks' at
http://www.jsiinc.com

WinExit is a screen saver that logs the current user off after the specified
time has elapsed. In other respects it is similar to other screen savers and can
be configured and tested on the Screen Saver tab of the Display Properties
dialog box in Control Panel.

WinExit displays a dialog box containing the countdown timer and a user-defined
message. When the countdown timer reaches zero, the logoff process is initiated.

Jerold Schulman / MVP
JSI, Inc.
http://www.jsiinc.com

1. "Automatically log off users when log on time expires

I haave a win2k network in native mode running AD, it is
basically a lab with fresh installs of win2k server and
win2k pro with the latest sp2 and all hotfixes

created a couple accounts that belong to the domain users
group with logon hours specified, all the rest is default
when the account was created

I defined for the default domain policy to "Automatically
log off users when log on time expires" set to enable.

When a user has surpassed the logon time they are not
automatically logged off, as I would expect.  If the user
log's off and tries to log back in,  the user is denied.
However it doesn't automatically log off users when the
logon time expires.  I remember this worked fine in NT.

2. Falcon's second serial-port

3. log off idle users

4. Ordered, but received something else...

5. Can't log off users when idle time expires??

6. help!!!

7. Automatically Log off users?

8. AV: avrpc.dll fails to load

9. Automatically Logs Off User

10. Automatically logging off users with Standalone win2k professional

11. Automatically log off users when login time expires

12. Automatically Log Off User After Inactivity

13. Automatically logging off a user