File owner search...

Post by CC » Wed, 31 Jul 2002 03:29:39

Ok, I have disk quota setup and everything seems to be
working fine. I have a concern though. When someone
reaches their quota and can not save anything else to the
server; how can I run a query (or some other search) to
see what files that the user owns? In a lot of cases I
may need to take owner ship of files (because the whole
department uses them) to free up space for someone's
quota. Does anyone know of a way to find out this
information? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

CC

File owner search...

Post by Jerold Schulma » Wed, 31 Jul 2002 21:29:53

>Ok, I have disk quota setup and everything seems to be
>working fine. I have a concern though. When someone
>reaches their quota and can not save anything else to the
>server; how can I run a query (or some other search) to
>see what files that the user owns? In a lot of cases I
>may need to take owner ship of files (because the whole
>department uses them) to free up space for someone's
>quota. Does anyone know of a way to find out this
>information? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

>CC

See tip 4775 and links in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsiinc.com

Jerold Schulman
Windows Server MVP / Configuration Management
JSI, Inc.
http://www.jsiinc.com

1. File owner search...

Ok, I have disk quota setup and everything seems to be
working fine. I have a concern though. When someone
reaches their quota and can not save anything else to the
server; how can I run a query (or some other search) to
see what files that the user owns? In a lot of cases I
may need to take owner ship of files (because the whole
department uses them) to free up space for someone's
quota. Does anyone know of a way to find out this
information? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

CC

2. Smart and Friendly CDR-1002

3. Search for files by owner of the files

4. Nested DataRelations

5. deleted Schema Owner, Domain Owner, and Rid Owner entries

6. Tips and Tricks X-tra white space..

7. How search for files by OWNER?

8. WWW browsing software for SGI

9. Can I search for files by Owner?

10. Search Owner's file

11. Search for File Owners

12. search files on volume by owner (like novell's ndir)

13. Search by Owner