Remote installation without network access

Remote installation without network access

Post by Brian Babcoc » Fri, 15 Sep 2000 04:00:00

We will be deploying windows 2000 on aprox. 1500 laptops for use in the field.
The user's work from home and will not have access to our network. We will be
locking down the laptops so they can't install any software. When we send them
updates for their applications we mail them a CD. How can we allow the install to
take place without giving them the Administrator password or rights to install
with their local user account. Is their a script file we can add to the front of
the installation package that will allow the installation to take place? Is their
some sort of key that can be added to the registry that will allow installation's
only by us.
Any information or Web site address that address this issue would be appreciated
thank you.

1. remote installation win2k for diskless win2k professional i.e without harddisk

In windows nt server 4.0 we can access 95 client whitout H.D. by using the
utility netsetup.exe which is provided by microsoft in retail version of
win95
In this we use nic with bootrom.
          Now i want to install win2k server & diskless client win2k
proffessional
the client m/c is without H.D. but having nic with Bootrom.so how can i do?

2. Olympus Digital Cameras

3. Need to regain access to network account without connecting to network

4. Netware 3.2 Y2K Problem

5. Error starting Routing and Remote Access : default remote access policy could not be found

7. VPN / Remote Access run without Active Directory ?

8. Sync Outlook IMAP with IPAQ

9. network device installation without reboot question ???

10. Remote Installation - Network Client ?

11. Remote Installation on Network

12. Need help configuring static IP without network access

13. local share access (without network)?