Slow VPN

Post by mm » Thu, 03 Apr 2003 06:26:48

We want to setup access to a databse server via VPN but the connection is
prohibitively slow. With broadband connections on both ends (a T1 here)
users are connected at 9600 baud. I realize there is some overhead for
security, but this seems too much. What should  I be looking for?

Thank you
mm

Slow VPN

Post by glee » Thu, 03 Apr 2003 08:43:59

You will get a much better answer in this group:

...glen
--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP W95/98 Systems

> We want to setup access to a databse server via VPN but the connection is
> prohibitively slow. With broadband connections on both ends (a T1 here)
> users are connected at 9600 baud. I realize there is some overhead for
> security, but this seems too much. What should  I be looking for?

> Thank you
> mm

1. Slow VPN using ADSL

Hope someone can help.

We have a Windows 2000 Server running RRAS service. The server is
connected to the internet via a routed no nat ADSL connection. We have
remote workers running Win98 with home ADSL.

When we create a VPN to our network the connection only shows up as
9600bps and is very slow. The intitial internet connection connects at
576000bps.

Is there a setting to increase the speed. I have looked at the ports in
RRAS and can't see anything there. When we used to RAS dial in via
anologue modems, we used to connect at about 26600bps and the response
seems faster than we are getting via ADSL. I don't think can be right?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

2. slow in reading in news

3. Slow VPN Connection

4. Template-template parameter involving a non-type parameter

5. Slow VPN file transfers.

6. A little help need...

7. Very slow VPN access

8. isdn-Sportster Help!

9. Painfully slow VPN connetion...with one exception

10. Synching large files over slow VPN

11. Slow VPN over the ADSL

12. Very Slow VPN Connection

13. Slow VPN connect on windows 2000 / stalls on loading your user settings