SysPrep Image & Drivers

Post by KDonaldso » Sat, 23 Feb 2002 08:41:18

Have tried a number of options from this group attempting to get some
additional drivers included in my WIN2K deployment build and still having no
luck.

The following was posted sometime last November.  I'm just trying to fish
out the original poster to request some clarification as to exact method for
adding the drivers "directly into driver.cab."  If the original respondent
reads this (or if anyone else knows how to accomplish same, I'd greatly
appreciate hearing from you.

Quote:> The easiest way to do this, instead of putting a path into
> the inf file is to add the drivers directly into
> driver.cab. I added my drivers into this and have had no
> problems with it. Windows looks here first for drivers so
> by adding them there you should have no worries.

SysPrep Image & Drivers

Post by DeBuc » Sat, 23 Feb 2002 12:45:23

You will need to get a utility that will allow you to
archive in the cab format.  Not familiar with them, so
not sure if you would need to extract driver.cab first,
put your drivers in and zip it back up or if you could
just archive them directly into driver.cab.  Search the
web, I'm sure they're out there.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Have tried a number of options from this group

attempting to get some
Quote:>additional drivers included in my WIN2K deployment build
and still having no
>luck.

>The following was posted sometime last November.  I'm
just trying to fish
>out the original poster to request some clarification as
to exact method for
>adding the drivers "directly into driver.cab."  If the
original respondent
>reads this (or if anyone else knows how to accomplish
same, I'd greatly
>appreciate hearing from you.

>> The easiest way to do this, instead of putting a path
into

>> the inf file is to add the drivers directly into

>> driver.cab. I added my drivers into this and have had
no

>> problems with it. Windows looks here first for drivers
so

>> by adding them there you should have no worries.

>.

SysPrep Image & Drivers

Post by Jason S » Thu, 28 Feb 2002 04:01:12

I can try to help if you can be more specific as to what you need to do,
or what isn't working. I've spent a week or more learning to do this and
have gotten my Sysprep image to correctly install new NIC, video, sound
and storage drivers on three different ACPI-compliant workstations. This
was all done using the standard sysprep.inf and folders in C:\DRIVERS.

My problems came in this order:

1. Wrong path to drivers in SYSPREP.INF
2. Forgot to add "DriverSigningPolicy = Ignore" in [Unattended] section.
3. Not all driver files were copied (had to manually tweak some .inf
files, too)

Jason

says...

Quote:> Have tried a number of options from this group attempting to get some
> additional drivers included in my WIN2K deployment build and still having no
> luck.

> The following was posted sometime last November.  I'm just trying to fish
> out the original poster to request some clarification as to exact method for
> adding the drivers "directly into driver.cab."  If the original respondent
> reads this (or if anyone else knows how to accomplish same, I'd greatly
> appreciate hearing from you.

> > The easiest way to do this, instead of putting a path into

> > the inf file is to add the drivers directly into

> > driver.cab. I added my drivers into this and have had no

> > problems with it. Windows looks here first for drivers so

> > by adding them there you should have no worries.

1. SysPrep Image & Drivers

Hi All,

The company I work for at the moment brought in a 3rd party company to
design an implement a WIn2000 Solution.

The SysPrep image that we were given on CD doesnt have enough drivers
to support the "Everyday" laptops like Toshiba Satellite Pro 4300 and
IBM ThinkPad T20.

My question is, how can we add more drivers to this CD image. I have
heard that the drivers go into the PNPDRIVERS folder..... and how easy
is this to do.

Thanks,
Nick

2. access-list question

3. angry at amiga inc.

4. Drive Image & W2K Pro & sysprep

5. Link error

6. Sysprep and already sysprep'd image?

7. NeXT Production Numbers...

8. Use Caution With Sysprep & Drive Imaging

9. no network connection after image & sysprep

10. Sysprep & Drivers

11. 周期性的出现CPU资源严重占用的现象

12. Image Quality Windows 2000 & AutoCAD LT 98&2000