Internet Connection Multiplexing (Connection Bonding)

Internet Connection Multiplexing (Connection Bonding)

Post by *Bobby*Digital » Thu, 09 Aug 2001 15:24:48

A couple of years ago, I read about a program that can take multiple
Internet connections (coming into a server) and multiplex them (known as
connection bonding), using multiple NIC's.  For example, a cable modem and a
DSL modem, each hooked up to the server with individual NIC's, then a third
NIC for the connection to the rest of the network.

I've lost the link to the site of the company that makes the software, and
was wondering if anyone knows what the program I'm talking about is called,
or where I can find it, or get more info on it.

Unfortunately, I've even forgotten the name of the program, but I know it
exists.

Can anyone help me out?

TIA!

PS: I'm crossposting this in hopes of finding the answer...

--

*Bobby*Digital*
MCSE CCNA

Internet Connection Multiplexing (Connection Bonding)

Post by Neil Mat » Fri, 10 Aug 2001 06:21:45

You may find this link useful:
http://www.zdnet.com/zdhelp/stories/main/0,5594,2584801,00.html

Basically, DUN v1.3 supports multilink inherently (but I don't know about
over 56k speeds). Midcore makes a product that does what you are describing
called MidPoint. The feature is called Download Doubler.

There was a more popular product, but I forgot what the name was.

Neil

Quote:> A couple of years ago, I read about a program that can take multiple
> Internet connections (coming into a server) and multiplex them (known as
> connection bonding), using multiple NIC's.  For example, a cable modem and
> DSL modem, each hooked up to the server with individual NIC's, then a
third
> NIC for the connection to the rest of the network.

> I've lost the link to the site of the company that makes the software, and
> was wondering if anyone knows what the program I'm talking about is
called,
> or where I can find it, or get more info on it.

> Unfortunately, I've even forgotten the name of the program, but I know it
> exists.

> Can anyone help me out?

> TIA!

> PS: I'm crossposting this in hopes of finding the answer...

> --

> *Bobby*Digital*
> MCSE CCNA

Internet Connection Multiplexing (Connection Bonding)

Post by bobb » Sat, 11 Aug 2001 23:58:37

Quote:>You may find this link useful:
>http://www.zdnet.com/zdhelp/stories/main/0,5594,2584801,00.html

>Basically, DUN v1.3 supports multilink inherently (but I don't know about
>over 56k speeds). Midcore makes a product that does what you are describing
>called MidPoint. The feature is called Download Doubler.

>There was a more popular product, but I forgot what the name was.

>Neil

my isp supports multilink accounts ( 2 analog lines).
getting about 92 kb..(don't want constant internet access with the
children).

www.starlinx.com