Help!! Windows Installer problem

Post by Harol » Sun, 06 Oct 2002 02:30:11

I'm using Outlook 2000 under Win2000 server, and logged in
as Administrator...
I tried to export an OutLook email to a specified
file in local directory as following steps:
  File->Import and Export ->Export to a File ->
  Comma Seperated Value(Windows)

Yet a popuped wizard showed that "the OL cannot start the
Import/Export engine because it's not currently installed."
So I chose "YES" option to install it. A Windows Installer
window popuped and showed "Preparing to install", but after
it idled for a couple of seconds, I received following
OL error message:
  "MS Outlook cannot install the necassary files due to
   Windows Installer error 1603. Fatal error during
   installation."

I then downloaded the Windows Installers 2.0 file,
InstMsiW.exe, from MS site. But when I double clicked to
installed the file, I received following err message:
  "The specified service already exists"

I checked 'Add|Remove Programs' but cannot find Windows
Installers there. So I have no way to uninstall it either!
I'm stucked now.  Great appreciate to your thought.

Post by Ritchi » Sun, 06 Oct 2002 04:44:04

> I'm using Outlook 2000 under Win2000 server, and logged in
> as Administrator...
> I tried to export an OutLook email to a specified
> file in local directory as following steps:
>   File->Import and Export ->Export to a File ->
>   Comma Seperated Value(Windows)

> Yet a popuped wizard showed that "the OL cannot start the
> Import/Export engine because it's not currently installed."
> So I chose "YES" option to install it. A Windows Installer
> window popuped and showed "Preparing to install", but after
> it idled for a couple of seconds, I received following
> OL error message:
>   "MS Outlook cannot install the necassary files due to
>    Windows Installer error 1603. Fatal error during
>    installation."

> I then downloaded the Windows Installers 2.0 file,
> InstMsiW.exe, from MS site. But when I double clicked to
> installed the file, I received following err message:
>   "The specified service already exists"

> I checked 'Add|Remove Programs' but cannot find Windows
> Installers there. So I have no way to uninstall it either!
> I'm stucked now.  Great appreciate to your thought.

Try this:-

Insert your Outlook/Office CD into the same CD drive that you originally
used to install Outlook/Office. Then try exporting again. Hopefully the
feature will install ok this time.

Alternatively, insert your CD and choose to run everything from your computer.

--
Ritchie
Undo address for mail

1. Help!!! Paging File Problem and Windows Installer Problem

Help.  I am new to this newsgroup idea.  If anyone can
help me I would really appreciate it.  Two problems.

Problem One:  On boot up I get this error message "System
does not have a paging file or paging file is too small."
I have done everything I can find to correct this error,
but I still get it on every boot up.  I completed the
instructions I get with the error message with no positive
results.  I right clicked on My Computer > Properties >
Advanced Tab > Performance Options > Virtual Memory -
 "Total paging file size for all drives:  20 MB", I can
not get this to change. > Change... > On this page it
recommends a paging file of 382 MB for all drives and I
have 20 MB and I can not figure out how to change it.

I also completed Microsoft Knowledge Base Article -
Q259151 "Paging File Functionality Requires System Account
Permissions and Proper Size" with no change.  Please help
if you can.

Problem Two:  During the download of SP3 my Windows
Installer became damaged.  Everytime I try to use any of
my MS Office products or Nero 5.5 for my CDRW the Windows
Installer starts and then hangs up with this error "The
Windows Installer service could not be accessed.  Contact
your support personnel to vertify that the Windows
Installer service is properly registered."  This is for a
small home computer and it is.  So now I can not use my CD
burner or any of my Office products.  I have tried and
completed Microsoft Knowledge Base Article -
Q324631 "Service Pack 3 Update is Unsuccessful When DCOM
Impersonation Level is Set to Anonymous" to no avail.  I
do not think this was the problem even though my first
attempt to update my system with SP3 did fail, but the
DCOM was not set to Anonymous.

Please help if you can.  Thanks in advance!!!

2. event id: 4106

3. Windows Installer problem. Pls Help!

4. Windows xp or Windows 2000 which is best

5. Please help with Windows Installer Problem - URGENT

6. FA: SPARC Classic w/doucumentaion and SPARC IPX

7. Windows Installer fails,, how to uninstall Installer and Reinstall

8. Chaos Maps?

9. Windows Installer or Prerequisite Installer Program

10. Help with windows installer service

11. Windows Installer. HELP!

12. windows installer v2 HELP!!