Anyone install Win2K on a Via VPX97 based MB??

Anyone install Win2K on a Via VPX97 based MB??

Post by Kendal Van Dyk » Thu, 30 Mar 2000 04:00:00

I've got an EFA Corp. Viking II motherboard that has a Via VPX97 chipset
on it (http://www.efacorp.com/products/vikingII.htm)...For the life of
me I cannot install Win2K (clean or upgrade) on it. I have tried
numerous times and when Win2K gets to the stage where it scans the
system's devices it locks about halfway through. No matter what I do I
cannot get any further than that. If I try to upgrade to Win2K from
Win98 the same thing happens.

Has anyone had any success with these chipsets/motherboards and Win2K??

--
Kendal

Anyone install Win2K on a Via VPX97 based MB??

Post by Tim Hines, MCS » Thu, 30 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Try removing any extra devices and then installing.

Quote:> I've got an EFA Corp. Viking II motherboard that has a Via VPX97 chipset
> on it (http://www.efacorp.com/products/vikingII.htm)...For the life of
> me I cannot install Win2K (clean or upgrade) on it. I have tried
> numerous times and when Win2K gets to the stage where it scans the
> system's devices it locks about halfway through. No matter what I do I
> cannot get any further than that. If I try to upgrade to Win2K from
> Win98 the same thing happens.

> Has anyone had any success with these chipsets/motherboards and Win2K??

> --
> Kendal

Anyone install Win2K on a Via VPX97 based MB??

Post by spshr.. » Wed, 12 Apr 2000 04:00:00

I have the same problems..

But I did remove all devices..network
card..soundcard....except AGP Video Card..
Now it installed fine...

This install was on a old 6.4M Segate HD...
but when I used a 17GB Maxtor HD..the install
freezes in the installing devices setup dialog...

I wonder if the UDMA66 was a problem..

Please help..

Sanjay Shroff
Damn VIA.....Avoid it

In article

> Try removing any extra devices and then
installing.

> > I've got an EFA Corp. Viking II motherboard

that has a Via VPX97 chipset
Quote:> > on it

(http://www.efacorp.com/products/vikingII.htm)...F
or the life of
Quote:> > me I cannot install Win2K (clean or upgrade)
on it. I have tried
> > numerous times and when Win2K gets to the

stage where it scans the
Quote:> > system's devices it locks about halfway

through. No matter what I do I
Quote:> > cannot get any further than that. If I try to

upgrade to Win2K from
Quote:> > Win98 the same thing happens.

> > Has anyone had any success with these

chipsets/motherboards and Win2K??