2003 client license backward compatibility

2003 client license backward compatibility

Post by Harry Hudin » Thu, 10 Apr 2003 22:55:21

I have a Windows 2000 Terminal Server, and we wanna get some more client
licenses for it. The licenses that we can get are now all 2003 client
licenses in preparation for the release of server 2003.

Im assuming that we need the Terminal Server USER CAL 2003 rather than the
DEVICE CAL 2003 version.

Is this correct ? IF so, whats the Device one for ?

Olly

2003 client license backward compatibility

Post by Joe Snuf » Fri, 11 Apr 2003 04:18:46

Win2K3 TSCals can be purchased either per-user or per-device.  This is
M$ way of allowing their customers "more flexibility" in their
licensing requirements.

To answer your question, per-device TSCals (Win2K3) are compatible
with Win2K TS.  Go to:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/howtobuy/licensing/license...