Screen saver protection

Post by Hugo » Sun, 08 Apr 2001 08:18:06

I've used the Logon Screen saver on both Advanced Server and Professional in
case I forget to lock the workstation when I leave the office. Somehow the
screen saver is turned off automatically. This happens under a day after I
turn it on. What causes this?

Thanks

Hugo

Screen saver protection

Post by rob » Tue, 10 Apr 2001 23:08:27

Check your power management settings. It was the case for me.
Quote:-----Original Message-----

I've used the Logon Screen saver on both Advanced Server and Professional in
case I forget to lock the workstation when I leave the office. Somehow the
screen saver is turned off automatically. This happens under a day after I
turn it on. What causes this?

Thanks

Hugo

.

1. Screen Saver Protection

Hi

    I am working towards forcing some protection using required Screen Saver
( password protected ) on our Windows 2000 Professional machines these
screen savers use the Logon Password - which is what I want.  Windows 95 /
98 and ME machines all use a password that is chosen by the user.  Does
anyone know of a way to force these to use the Logon Password, or a Screen
Saver for these OS's that will use only Logon Password - or yet a way that I
can reach the same end in another way.

    Ie - is there a way to auto logoff a user after so many minutes of non
activity ( less desired approach ).

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thank you
Patrick

2. FTP to multiple machines.

3. Screen saver - password protection doesn't work

4. Master/Slave settings on 1200&4000 120m Seagate IDE drives

5. Password protection for Screen savers

6. Wrong form from [Compose]?

7. Account lockout when screen saver password protection used

8. modem hookup

9. Please help - Screen Saver does not autostart Full screen in Win 2000 ???

10. "Blank screen" screen saver...

11. screen saver won't work with screen locked

12. Login screen background and screen saver