assign IP to "internal" interface of NAT?

assign IP to "internal" interface of NAT?

Post by Jerome Co Ta » Mon, 07 Apr 2003 03:35:38

is it possible to assign an IP to the interface of NAT?

my RAS server has an IP of 192.168.8.1.

when someone connects the RAS client have an IP of 192.168.8.5 then the
"internal" interface have an IP of 192.168.8.4.

and what shows up on the RAS client's side...
Client IP: 192.168.8.5
Server IP: 192.168.8.4
virtual network exist with only RAS client and server, RAS client cannot
access the resources on the network except the one on RAS server.

is there a way to make the RAS client a real part of the network and not
make a virtual network between the server and client?

Regards/
Jerome

assign IP to "internal" interface of NAT?

Post by Bill Gran » Mon, 07 Apr 2003 09:11:05

    That should not be a problem. The traffic from the remote will be
forwarded on to the LAN. The server acts as a proxy for the remote user.

      How is your LAN set up? Is the default gateway on the LAN NIC blank?
The only default route of the server should be out to the Internet via the
public interface.

Quote:> is it possible to assign an IP to the interface of NAT?

> my RAS server has an IP of 192.168.8.1.

> when someone connects the RAS client have an IP of 192.168.8.5 then the
> "internal" interface have an IP of 192.168.8.4.

> and what shows up on the RAS client's side...
> Client IP: 192.168.8.5
> Server IP: 192.168.8.4
> virtual network exist with only RAS client and server, RAS client cannot
> access the resources on the network except the one on RAS server.

> is there a way to make the RAS client a real part of the network and not
> make a virtual network between the server and client?

> Regards/
> Jerome

assign IP to "internal" interface of NAT?

Post by Jerome Co Ta » Mon, 07 Apr 2003 14:04:54

The problem is when I leave it that way the RAS client cannot access the
resources. The RAS client can only access the server's resources.

Regards/
Jerome