tweakui for win2k

Post by j.. » Thu, 15 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Quote:>I thought there was 5 files....but anyways, extract all to the same
>directory, then you should double click on tweakui.cpl, then a message pops
>up saying twkeakui must be run fromt he control panel...click ok.  Next,
>Start, Settings, Control Panel, Tweakui.  You may have installed it already,
>and just not known where you had to run it from (the Control Panel).

 That's not how it worked for me.  Doubleclicking on the cpl produced
the message that the application needed to be run from the control
panel, but didn't install anything.

 I just copied all the files into WINNT\SYSTEM32.  After that, TweakUI
showed up in the control panel and worked normally.

                                                        --JW

tweakui for win2k

Post by Jay » Fri, 16 Jun 2000 04:00:00

After the message popped up, did you ever check to see if it was in the
Control Panel?  There really isn't anything to "install".  Alternatively,
you could have right clicked on the .inf file and chose install from the
menu (Don't know why I didn't mention that to begin with...:).

Jay

tweakui for win2k

Post by Jorge Santo » Fri, 16 Jun 2000 04:00:00

This Tweak UI for Win2K is the same for Win98, just check that the version
is Beta 1.1. The other don't work.

--
--------------------------------------
Jorge "ChackO" Santos

> >I thought there was 5 files....but anyways, extract all to the same
> >directory, then you should double click on tweakui.cpl, then a message
pops
> >up saying twkeakui must be run fromt he control panel...click ok.  Next,
> >Start, Settings, Control Panel, Tweakui.  You may have installed it
already,
> >and just not known where you had to run it from (the Control Panel).

>  That's not how it worked for me.  Doubleclicking on the cpl produced
> the message that the application needed to be run from the control
> panel, but didn't install anything.

>  I just copied all the files into WINNT\SYSTEM32.  After that, TweakUI
> showed up in the control panel and worked normally.

>                                                         --JW

1. TweakUI for Win2k

Is there a final version of TweakUI out yet? I have the prerelease, which
has expired

Thanks,
Deepak Prasanna

2. Dicom - hand...

3. tweakui for win2k

4. summasketch3

5. Japanese keyboard

6. tweakui for win2K

7. Network Engineer, Design Engineer, Managers

8. tweakui for Win2k

9. TweakUI For Win2k?

10. TweakUI for Win2K

11. TweakUI for Win2k?