Network drivers enabled without network

Post by Bj?rn Arne Toldne » Thu, 17 Aug 2000 15:02:14

If i disconnect my computer from the network,  this disables my IP-adress
and network drivers. I have a software which must always have network
drivers to run. This software then dont run when the network's down.

Is there any solutions to keep network drivers enabled when the networks
down?.

Thanks.

1. Enable network adapter with network unplugged in w2k

Hi,

I am trying to to use a laptop running Windows 2000 to test/demo various browser
based applications both connected to my LAN and standalone.

This wasn't a problem under NT4 but Windows 2000 has introduced a 'new feature'
which disables the network adapter when the network cable is unplugged,
subsequently this prevents me from connecting to the http listener running on my
PC.

My question - is there a way to stop the network adapter from being disabled once
the network cable has been unplugged??

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Neil.

2. Help! Consistent errors from sendmail. SYSERR(root)

3. Network drives without a network connection

4. REPOST: CTAN-Ann@SHSU.edu -- CTAN Announcements list

5. Install a network driver in Windows 2000 without using the control panel

6. Lively NT4.0 Discussions in Windows NT Tech Center

7. No network drives on my own PC without a real network

8. Port security on a Catalyst 4000 - fails to shut down port

9. Need to regain access to network account without connecting to network

10. Network drives without a network connection

11. When network connection enabled, DHCP enable.

12. Preparing Network Connections - WAN Network Driver

13. Old Network shares in Network Network Neighborhood