Not able to connect to AD

Post by hotmai » Thu, 18 Oct 2001 16:41:38

When I try to open Active directory Users and group It gives me a error that
"Naming Information could not be find please contact your system
administrator or varify that your Domain is configured properly or
avialable"
While Domain is availavle and i'm able to communicate with other domain
controller,Other domain controllere are working properly.From other domain
controller I'm able to connect this domain controller. I'v removed AD and
reinstalled it but no luck. This server is PDC emulator of my root domain so
when i reinstalled AD, Users are not able to login or access the resources.
Thanks
Deepak

Not able to connect to AD

Post by Peter O'Dow » Fri, 19 Oct 2001 20:16:15

Deepak,
This sounds like a DNS error...
Check your DNS thoroughly.  Check you are also pointing to the correct DNS.

Peter O'Dowd

Quote:> When I try to open Active directory Users and group It gives me a error
that
> "Naming Information could not be find please contact your system
> administrator or varify that your Domain is configured properly or
> avialable"
> While Domain is availavle and i'm able to communicate with other domain
> controller,Other domain controllere are working properly.From other domain
> controller I'm able to connect this domain controller. I'v removed AD and
> reinstalled it but no luck. This server is PDC emulator of my root domain
so
> when i reinstalled AD, Users are not able to login or access the
resources.
> Thanks
> Deepak

1. not able to connect to the net please help able to ping

sup..i'm having a problem. the computer is not able to log on to the net but its
able to ping websites and the other computers. nothing wrong with the IP
settings, DNS, router, card, or anything.. IE , AOL, and aim wont connect what so
ever. maybe this might help at device manager i'm getting a question mark next to
other devices=> (?) mass storage controller please help if u guys know anything..

thank you

chefy

2. console emergency repair mode to restore registry

3. New AD DC's not able to connect to resources in trusted NT4 Domain

4. A new design pattern?

5. request help: migrate NT4 PDC -> 2k AD, not able to add domain tree (setup AD)

6. Seeburg MCU1/ Mostek 3870

7. Office connected by VPN not able to browse domain

8. Users not able to connect to WIn2k Server

9. not able to connect to a domain

10. Win2k VPN on NT domain suddenly not able to connect

11. Terminal Service Hangs, not able to connect to server.

12. Not able to connect to all Win2k 2000 servers