Multiple LAN config

Post by Chri » Sat, 17 Feb 2001 13:48:37

I have a laptop that I use for Work and at home. Win2k, one adapter. At
work, I need to have my tcp/ip settings set to obtain automatically but at
home I have to specify IP, DNS, etc.
Is there a way to get around having to reconfig my adapter everytime?
Thanks.
Chris

Multiple LAN config

Post by Brad » Sun, 18 Feb 2001 00:56:04

I have a similar problem.  I have a laptop that I need to be able to log onto two
seperate NT Server Domains.  One at work, the other a remote site.  I need access
to both, is there anyway to setup Windows 2000 so that I can log onto which ever
domain I need access to at a given time?

Thanks,
Brad

Multiple LAN config

Post by Chas M » Tue, 20 Feb 2001 12:28:07

Multiple Hardware Profiles?

Quote:>I have a similar problem.  I have a laptop that I need to be able to log onto two
>seperate NT Server Domains.  One at work, the other a remote site.  I need access
>to both, is there anyway to setup Windows 2000 so that I can log onto which ever
>domain I need access to at a given time?

>Thanks,
>Brad

Multiple LAN config

Post by Craig Brookhar » Tue, 27 Feb 2001 16:00:12

If you have a second nic card that should not be a problem just give the
second nic card another ip address then at the login use the drop down and
select the other domain that you need

> Multiple Hardware Profiles?

> >I have a similar problem.  I have a laptop that I need to be able to log
onto two
> >seperate NT Server Domains.  One at work, the other a remote site.  I
need access
> >to both, is there anyway to setup Windows 2000 so that I can log onto
which ever
> >domain I need access to at a given time?

> >Thanks,
> >Brad

Multiple LAN config

Post by Craig Brookhar » Thu, 01 Mar 2001 15:59:15

it shouldn't but am not sure you will have to try it

> Would it matter if IPs are being dynamically assigned?

> > If you have a second nic card that should not be a problem just give the
> > second nic card another ip address then at the login use the drop down
and
> > select the other domain that you need

> > > Multiple Hardware Profiles?

> log
> > onto two
> > need access
> > which ever

1. Multiple Lan config

I am trying to set up my win 2000 machine.  It logs into a Win NT
Domain at work using TCPIP only.  Connection2 is my home DSL connection
using TCPIP.  Both connections pull IP etc from the server.  I am
trying to find a way to modify my home connection so it will connect to
my win98se machine at home.  The win98 machine also uses the same DSL
service.  Both machines and the DSL modem are hooked up thru a small
hub, and I have no problem hitting the web on both machines using the
DSL connection over TCPIP.
  I want to be able to share files/printers on the win98 machine to the
win2000 machine.  Can this be done with a single NIC each, by adding
another protocol like Netbeui?  Will Netbeui just pick up the closest
machine and just ask for a password to connect?
Thanks

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. JED and backup copies

3. LAN config question with multiple DNS servers.

4. Help !!! Is anyone willing to help me about....?

5. LAN to LAN Win2k Router config?

6. Help My pocket PC is stuck in guest mode!!

7. Windows 2000 pro & Lan adaptor, multiple lans

8. Bash/Os2- Path Broke Hel

9. Help config W2K notebook and W98se in LAN

10. Setting Windows 2000 Professional LAN config

11. Internet share on LANs config

12. Newbie Q: Win2k Laptop,Win98SE Desktop Home/Office Lan config?

13. need help on Lan config!