Help please

Post by Bigpond New » Tue, 04 Mar 2003 11:16:17

Background......

LAN - providing IE and email connection
dial up to main frame - secure details.

why when dial up is active the LAN fails but as soon as the dial up id DC
the LAN is active again.

all 2000 pro running fixed IP.

I need to have both dial up and LAN running at the same time.
any ideas please - i noticed a little check box in the dial up setting that
says something like " dont use this connection for internet" but 2000 just
wants to ignore this....

Thanks in advance

Ashley

Help please

Post by Mag3 » Tue, 04 Mar 2003 12:59:32

are you using w2k ICS, what r ur ips for the comps ??

Quote:> Background......

> LAN - providing IE and email connection
> dial up to main frame - secure details.

> why when dial up is active the LAN fails but as soon as the dial up id DC
> the LAN is active again.

> all 2000 pro running fixed IP.

> I need to have both dial up and LAN running at the same time.
> any ideas please - i noticed a little check box in the dial up setting
that
> says something like " dont use this connection for internet" but 2000 just
> wants to ignore this....

> Thanks in advance

> Ashley

Help please

Post by Ashle » Tue, 04 Mar 2003 17:24:46

"A" pc has ADSL connection and shares to the LAN using PPPOE
"A" - 192.168.0.1
B pc is the pc i would like to dial a secure server on
"B" - 192.168.0.11

B pc has the secure dial connection and the LAN.

> are you using w2k ICS, what r ur ips for the comps ??

> > Background......

> > LAN - providing IE and email connection
> > dial up to main frame - secure details.

> > why when dial up is active the LAN fails but as soon as the dial up id
DC
> > the LAN is active again.

> > all 2000 pro running fixed IP.

> > I need to have both dial up and LAN running at the same time.
> > any ideas please - i noticed a little check box in the dial up setting
> that
> > says something like " dont use this connection for internet" but 2000
just
> > wants to ignore this....

> > Thanks in advance

> > Ashley

1. HELP HELP HELP...please.....

I am very new to this high tech life style, as you can
tell. I bought this computer from a friend. I however have
all my information, files, on the old hard drive.
Now, I am not real bright so can someone tell me STEP BY
STEP how to get them off the old and on the new?
I have bought a crossover cable (a man told me to at comp.
store) I think I see where to plug it into the old but
where does it go into the new? Once that mission is
accomplished I am to put in a floppy (?) and copy info?
A wizard is suppose to walk me through, yes? Were do I
plug it in for heaven's sake?
On your reply could you send back email in both upper and
lower case? I can't remember which I used to sign up. Am I
a mess or what? Please help important info on old
harddrive. Please HURRY. Thanks, Irene

2. RIF and MTU size

3. HELP HELP HELP PLEASE

4. Did Bull Market Die On Wall Street?

5. Multimedia Controller problem.... Help Please, Please

6. MSMQ Help

7. Please Help Please

8. searching for 1986 robotarm

9. PLEASE HELP please :)

10. Our School Needs help setting up W2KSrv: DNS, TCP, ADS - Any Networking Help Please --

11. Group Policy Replication and Sysvol contents - Help Help Please

12. HELP!: Please help. C:\ Drive not working right.

13. Pointer regarding 'HTML Help' help please!