Auto log off

Post by Jerry Parle » Thu, 13 Feb 2003 04:37:31

Situation; public computers in a lab in a university
setting with Active Directory.

I want to force a log off after a certain number of
minutes of inactivity. Can't do it by user as the user may
have access to machines in the domain where that would be
inappropriate. Probably have to do it with a script. Any
ideas?

Can't use winexit.scr, I don't think. If I'm not mistaken,
I'd have to log on as each user (~300) on each machine
(20) to set that up on the lab machine, but not their
personal machines. And, they could
change it if they wanted to.

Am I missing something?

Thanks,
Jerry

1. Is there an auto log off in Windows 2000?

Is there a way to force a user to log off?   For example:  Let's say there
isn't any key strokes or mouse movements for 60 minutes.  Is there a way to
have the computer perform an auto log off?

Also, is there a way to force someone off the network?  Can I manually force
a user to log off?

2. Babel-3.5 + Latex2e + spanish

3. auto log off feature

4. Add printer wizard not working

5. auto log off?

6. Deleting commands in Home Banking "Connect" tab

7. auto log off

8. The Active Directory datatype cannot be converted to/from a native DS datatype

9. Auto Log off does not apply to a client

10. Auto Log off User?

11. Auto Log Off

12. Looking for an Auto Log Off Application/Screen Saver

13. auto log off