SamChangePasswordUser2

Post by Stev » Fri, 17 Jan 2003 01:37:28

This was posted earlier with no replies. Am I missing
something?
Can anybody tell me what this is?
01/12 21:10:38 Attempting password change server/domain
XXX for user TsInternetUser
01/12 21:10:38 SamChangePasswordUser2 on machine \\XXX
for user TsInternetUser returned 0x0

XXX denotes where domain or server name was.

It is on all my 2K servers in c:\winnt\debug\passwd.log

Terminal Services Internet Connector License is not
enabled, nor is Terminal services auditing. (Q244057)

Help appreciated.

Steve

SamChangePasswordUser2

Post by Matt Scarboroug » Sat, 18 Jan 2003 19:05:51

On Wed, 15 Jan 2003 08:37:28 -0800, Steve wrote

Quote:> This was posted earlier with no replies. Am I missing
> something?
> Can anybody tell me what this is?
> 01/12 21:10:38 Attempting password change server/domain
> XXX for user TsInternetUser
> 01/12 21:10:38 SamChangePasswordUser2 on machine \\XXX
> for user TsInternetUser returned 0x0

> XXX denotes where domain or server name was.

> It is on all my 2K servers in c:\winnt\debug\passwd.log

> Terminal Services Internet Connector License is not
> enabled, nor is Terminal services auditing. (Q244057)

Quoting Q244057 here

CAUSE
This is expected behavior on a server with Terminal Services Internet Connector
Licensing enabled. Currently, this event is logged when Internet Connector Licensing
is not enabled.

STATUS
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are
listed at the beginning of this article.

COFFEE
Must have more...
;-)

Matt Scarborough 2003-01-17

SamChangePasswordUser2

Post by stev » Sun, 19 Jan 2003 01:54:26

Agreed a similar instance is spelled out in Q244057, but
as stated Terminal Services Internet Connector License is
not enabled, nor is Terminal services auditing. It may be
a typical Microsoft response to an incident without doing
much research. I am not concerned about it,
TSinternetuser account is disabled on all servers and it
is a garbage account to try anything on to begin with. I
was just looking for input from someone that may have a
better answer than the balnket Microsoft response. I
appreciate the input nonetheless.
Cheers
Steve

Quote:>Licensing enabled. Currently, this event is logged when

Internet Connector Licensing
Quote:>is not enabled.

>STATUS
>Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the

Microsoft products that are

Quote:>listed at the beginning of this article.

>COFFEE
>Must have more...
>;-)

>Matt Scarborough 2003-01-17

>.

SamChangePasswordUser2

Post by Matt Scarboroug » Sun, 19 Jan 2003 06:17:17

Hi Steve,

The question has been asked and answered many times. Here is a little more detail.

<http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=isv8uukhoo8t5r53ho5ndhet263kvunu...>

Matt Scarborough 2003-01-17

On Fri, 17 Jan 2003 08:54:26 -0800, steve wrote