Loose connection every 20-30 minutes

Post by DeK.. » Fri, 07 Feb 2003 23:37:16

Hi
Win 2000 server  Not a domain
problem on Win2000 client
Network is workgroup

Drives are persistently mapped at client not logon script
just in case I map with persistent yes in startup batch file
no affect

All other clients stay connected
I wrote a simple repeating 5 minutes bat that appends date and time to
text file until it looses connection.

Power monitoring is disabled in CMOS
Power saving disabled in control panel  (display/advanced/settings)
No screen savers

Changed NIC card.  Same problem.
Changed Hub port/ heck even changed hub
   same thing

Brought home same thing on my network
        Added Netbeui; FIXED IT AT HOME!
returned to site  same problem.

network connection fails after 20 -  30 minutes
User activity has no impact.

can't reestablish connection with out reboot
Disable and enable net connection has no affect

Reboot and your good to go for another 20-30 minutes
Help

Thanks
DeKayA

Loose connection every 20-30 minutes

Post by DeK.. » Sat, 15 Feb 2003 22:36:15

Follow up

Reset Life of connection
Made connection static
Modified Regedit on Server  AutoDisconnect
Added NetBeui to server

One of the last two did the trick
DeKayA

1. win2k seems to die after 20-30 mins of non-use on network

Help.. I have been playing again and seem to of really screwed up my
system. Seems now that no matter what I do my system will stop talking
to the cable modem after somewhere between 20-30 mins. I have
uninst6alled Zonealarm, the nic itself the drivers etc. Seems that it
I am usin ght einternet all is well but if I like it and come back I
have to disable the nic then right away re-enable and all is well,, a
reboot also works. Someone said it could be the zonealarm has messed
with the "internetl lock" even though it now has been completly
remove.
Any ideas>>>

thanks

2. HELP: convert Maptitude files to ArcView?

3. Problem with System 'Hanging' for 20-30 seconds.

4. Phone line mux (fiber connection)

5. win2k pro takes 20-30 min to logon to network

6. Primax Colorada stuffs up Epson Stylus Color IIS...

7. DNS A record removes itself every 30 minutes

8. Why makes the server a DNS query every 30 minutes?

9. ISDN connecting every 30 Minutes

10. Dialup router connects about every 30 minutes

11. Why makes the server a DNS query every 30 minutes?

12. EnergySavings: HardDisk starts spinning every 10-30 minutes