Backup Exec 8

Post by rgu.. » Thu, 15 Jun 2000 04:00:00

On version 7.3 of Backup Exec you can backup servers and workstations
even if you don't have the Agent Accelerator, it just doesn't perform
that well.  Is that the same case with Version 8?  I don't want to
spend $400.00 for 3 Agents if I'm going to backup those servers only
ocassionally.  Many of the servers will stay on NT 4 so do I still need
the new Agent or will Version 8 talk still to the old ones?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Backup Exec 8

Post by Aaron Davie » Tue, 20 Jun 2000 04:00:00

It works the same on v8 as v7.3, when you do the job it tells you (in the
log) if the accellerator is found or not, and continues anyway.
Aa

> On version 7.3 of Backup Exec you can backup servers and workstations
> even if you don't have the Agent Accelerator, it just doesn't perform
> that well.  Is that the same case with Version 8?  I don't want to
> spend $400.00 for 3 Agents if I'm going to backup those servers only
> ocassionally.  Many of the servers will stay on NT 4 so do I still need
> the new Agent or will Version 8 talk still to the old ones?

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

1. Opinions Wanted: Server Backup Software: Backup Exec vs. ArcServe vs. NovaBACK

I am researching backup software for five separate Windows 2000 Server
Computers. Although Backup Exec and ArcServe seem to be the market leaders,
novaBACKUP 6.6 Server seems like it has great potential (especially
considering the price difference. Was wondering what opinions the group have
about these products and if anyone is using NovaBack, how has your
experience with it been?

Thanks in advance,

Jon

2. iPaq backlight fix?

3. Backup Software (ARCServe OR Backup Exec)

4. best way for non-graphics person to create buttons like front page

5. Backup Exec vs Windows 2000 Backup utility

6. Welcome to Stockcracy

7. Automated Restore of a Backup Exec Backup

8. Dose USR Courier V.everything support Voice-Mail ?

9. Windows Backup 5.0 versus Veritas Backup Exec 8-6

10. Backup Strategy using Veritas Backup Exec?

11. Restore AD using Backup Exec 8.6

12. Arcserver v. Backup Exec

13. Backup Exec in a cluster