about dhcpcmd in win2k

Post by ben ¥ » Sat, 12 Jan 2002 13:41:12

hi all,
I would like to use command line to goal DHCP administrative process,  which
I try to find the resource kit  in dhcpcmd.exe, but unluckily, I can only
find that  "dhcpobjs.exe" , then i try to install ,(i.e. extract
action....which i'm not expected)  ,   i try to setup.. then it said it
should run a  REGSRVR32.EXE ,  but it doesn't work..... what can i do .
Moreover , is "dhcpcmd.exe" is removed in win2k ??? I can't find it...

about dhcpcmd in win2k

Post by Randy Barger, MCSE, CCNA, CN » Sun, 13 Jan 2002 09:40:02

I've not heard of any such tool, though I've heard of "DNSCMD.EXE".  I've
got both the original resource kit as well as supplement one, and I don't
have that command.

Randy Barger, MCSE, CCNA, CNA

           ConsultIT -- http://ConsultIT.bizhosting.com/

Quote:> hi all,
> I would like to use command line to goal DHCP administrative process,
which
> I try to find the resource kit  in dhcpcmd.exe, but unluckily, I can only
> find that  "dhcpobjs.exe" , then i try to install ,(i.e. extract
> action....which i'm not expected)  ,   i try to setup.. then it said it
> should run a  REGSRVR32.EXE ,  but it doesn't work..... what can i do .
> Moreover , is "dhcpcmd.exe" is removed in win2k ??? I can't find it...

about dhcpcmd in win2k

Post by Harald Um » Sun, 13 Jan 2002 18:16:07

use netsh for this:

netsh dhcp server \\servername ...
you can dump zones, create zones, add static reservation and more.

Harald Ums

Quote:> hi all,
> I would like to use command line to goal DHCP administrative process,
which
> I try to find the resource kit  in dhcpcmd.exe, but unluckily, I can only
> find that  "dhcpobjs.exe" , then i try to install ,(i.e. extract
> action....which i'm not expected)  ,   i try to setup.. then it said it
> should run a  REGSRVR32.EXE ,  but it doesn't work..... what can i do .
> Moreover , is "dhcpcmd.exe" is removed in win2k ??? I can't find it...

about dhcpcmd in win2k

Post by Clay Calver » Mon, 14 Jan 2002 00:53:24

On Sat, 12 Jan 2002 10:16:07 +0100, "Harald Ums"

>use netsh for this:

>netsh dhcp server \\servername ...
>you can dump zones, create zones, add static reservation and more.

>Harald Ums

Cool!  However, this syntax doesn't exist in Win2K Pro.  But hey,
thank goodness for terminal services.

>> hi all,
>> I would like to use command line to goal DHCP administrative process,
>which
>> I try to find the resource kit  in dhcpcmd.exe, but unluckily, I can only
>> find that  "dhcpobjs.exe" , then i try to install ,(i.e. extract
>> action....which i'm not expected)  ,   i try to setup.. then it said it
>> should run a  REGSRVR32.EXE ,  but it doesn't work..... what can i do .
>> Moreover , is "dhcpcmd.exe" is removed in win2k ??? I can't find it...

Clay Calvert
Replace "W" with "L" in email.

about dhcpcmd in win2k

Post by Harald Um » Mon, 14 Jan 2002 05:10:14

> On Sat, 12 Jan 2002 10:16:07 +0100, "Harald Ums"

> >use netsh for this:

> >netsh dhcp server \\servername ...
> >you can dump zones, create zones, add static reservation and more.

> >Harald Ums

> Cool!  However, this syntax doesn't exist in Win2K Pro.  But hey,
> thank goodness for terminal services.

I am a bit surprised. I have always used this from W2KPro.
I do not have any W2KPro current here. But I made a small test with WXP.
Here the "dhcp server" and "wins server" syntax was not available. After
installing the adminpak Beta3 the "wins server" syntax was available.
So my guess is the adminpak.msi installs some helper dlls ( I know there is
an extension api for that).
So you could try to install adminpak.msi on your workstation and see what
happens.

Harald Ums

about dhcpcmd in win2k

Post by Clay Calver » Mon, 14 Jan 2002 10:25:10

On Sat, 12 Jan 2002 21:10:14 +0100, "Harald Ums"

>> On Sat, 12 Jan 2002 10:16:07 +0100, "Harald Ums"

>> >use netsh for this:

>> >netsh dhcp server \\servername ...
>> >you can dump zones, create zones, add static reservation and more.

>> >Harald Ums

>> Cool!  However, this syntax doesn't exist in Win2K Pro.  But hey,
>> thank goodness for terminal services.

>I am a bit surprised. I have always used this from W2KPro.
>I do not have any W2KPro current here. But I made a small test with WXP.
>Here the "dhcp server" and "wins server" syntax was not available. After
>installing the adminpak Beta3 the "wins server" syntax was available.
>So my guess is the adminpak.msi installs some helper dlls ( I know there is
>an extension api for that).
>So you could try to install adminpak.msi on your workstation and see what
>happens.

>Harald Ums

Yes, that's it!

Thank you very much.

Clay Calvert
Replace "W" with "L" in email.

about dhcpcmd in win2k

Post by ben ¥ » Thu, 17 Jan 2002 02:39:56

Really thx to u~!
 what a cool !
does it have more doc for it??
becoz i try to search in res kit, it just show out " .....by using the
Netsh.exe utility" and nothing detail on it

thx a lot