Term Serv./ Adv client/ adsl connection/slow

Term Serv./ Adv client/ adsl connection/slow

Post by Mhancoc » Sun, 02 Feb 2003 07:26:18

I have just begun to use TS via a 768/128k dsl line for a
new two person office we have. All my other offices use a
frame. This office connects thru a vpn, then uses adv.
client to get to our TS server (w2k 1G Ram, dual proc).
In the a.m. it seems to run fine...noon time it begins a
noticable slowdown and by 3/4pm its really bad. I have
run DSL speed tests and there doesn't seem to be any line
problems during that time. None of our other TS users
complain. Users both have new w2k pro machines. Any ideas?
Thanks, M

Term Serv./ Adv client/ adsl connection/slow

Post by Mark Mancin » Sun, 02 Feb 2003 11:29:45

Figure about 30k per user of bandwidth and then you can add about 35%
overhead for the VPN.   If other remote users are fine, I would look at this
link.  Try dropping the VPN temporarily and see how you do.  If that fixes
it and you want security, look into Secure RDP.

--
Sincerely,
Mark Mancini, CCA, CCNA, Master CIW&CI, CNE 4&5, MCSE+I 4&2000

Quote:> I have just begun to use TS via a 768/128k dsl line for a
> new two person office we have. All my other offices use a
> frame. This office connects thru a vpn, then uses adv.
> client to get to our TS server (w2k 1G Ram, dual proc).
> In the a.m. it seems to run fine...noon time it begins a
> noticable slowdown and by 3/4pm its really bad. I have
> run DSL speed tests and there doesn't seem to be any line
> problems during that time. None of our other TS users
> complain. Users both have new w2k pro machines. Any ideas?
> Thanks, M

Term Serv./ Adv client/ adsl connection/slow

Post by Michell » Thu, 06 Feb 2003 07:40:57

There are only two users in that location...I'll check
out the vpn issue...any other thoughts?
Thanks
Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Figure about 30k per user of bandwidth and then you can
add about 35%
>overhead for the VPN.   If other remote users are fine,

I would look at this
>link.  Try dropping the VPN temporarily and see how you
do.  If that fixes
>it and you want security, look into Secure RDP.

>--
>Sincerely,
>Mark Mancini, CCA, CCNA, Master CIW&CI, CNE 4&5, MCSE+I
4&2000
>www.MCSE2000.com
>www.AppLauncher.com

>> I have just begun to use TS via a 768/128k dsl line
for a
>> new two person office we have. All my other offices
use a
>> frame. This office connects thru a vpn, then uses adv.
>> client to get to our TS server (w2k 1G Ram, dual proc).
>> In the a.m. it seems to run fine...noon time it begins
>> noticable slowdown and by 3/4pm its really bad. I have
>> run DSL speed tests and there doesn't seem to be any
line
>> problems during that time. None of our other TS users
>> complain. Users both have new w2k pro machines. Any
ideas?
>> Thanks, M

>.

1. Log off Term Serv connection VS Close Term Serv Connection

Hi ,
    I have a colleague you has been told that problems are caused by logging
off  a Term Serv with Active Directory on it.
He persists in closing Term Services and not logging off and therefore not
allowing anyone else into the server due to the 2 connections max.

This happened today and I saw  his PC had "Closed" connections twice ( so I
couldn't get in) ...

Is there anything from MSFT to substantiate this Issue?

At the moment , I have set Session to be reset after one hour of
disconnect....

Thanks in advance for any pointers...

Steve

2. Can't print on a laser from 1-2-3

3. Term Serv Client - Dual Connection Problem

4. Trouble with Active X Keyboard messages

5. term.services client and adsl connection.

6. XML and Business rules

7. Win2K term srv via tsweb, screen unreadable over slow connections, normal ts client runs perfect

8. Replacing System32 files

9. Slow client connection with ICS using Win2k Adv Server

10. Send a PopUP message from term serv client??

11. access to local client drives fails when on w2k term serv

12. accessing sound drivers from term.serv. client.

13. Screen Resolution for Term Serv. Clients