profile redirection

Post by shau » Fri, 14 Feb 2003 21:56:33

I had set up redirection on an OU group policy for desktop
and mydocs now I have moved a user out of that OU to an OU
without redirection specified but the redirection
continues do you know how to solve this problem
thankyou

profile redirection

Post by Matjaz Ladav » Sat, 15 Feb 2003 02:00:39

Depends what was your local setting before aplying GPO. Normaly when a user
falls out of the scope of GPO the system sould revert back to local
settings. Policies are stored in the folowinf registry location

HKLM\Software\Policies
HKCU\Software\Policies
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies

check and see if the policy is still there. Allso refresh policy (gpupdate)
, because policies need time to take efect.

Regards

Matjaz Ladava

Quote:> I had set up redirection on an OU group policy for desktop
> and mydocs now I have moved a user out of that OU to an OU
> without redirection specified but the redirection
> continues do you know how to solve this problem
> thankyou

1. User Profile Redirection

Is it possible to have the user profiles created and
stored on a separate drive from c:?  I have tried to
configure the clients to create their profile on another
drive but they keep setting up the profiles in the
documents and settings folder on c: drive.  Is it
possible for this to be done and if so how?  Thanks in
advance.

2. Problems with GSM PCMCIA modem card

3. Contingent Roaming Profile Redirection

4. Modifying the User Name

5. Outlook Express with AD, Roaming Profiles, and Folder Redirection

6. NEWS SERVERS.

7. roaming profile and folder redirection

8. Lost sound in DOS-session

9. roaming profiles/folder redirection

10. mandatory profile VS folder redirection

11. Wallpaper Doesn't Follow Roaming Profile (Folder Redirection)

12. Roaming Profiles and Redirection

13. Roaming user profile vs Folder Redirection