W32time and Event ID 62 & 54

Post by Johnny Che » Fri, 01 Mar 2002 03:07:49

I am setting up a Win2K server as PDC machine, everything looks fine except
the "w32time" is giving me 2 errors:

Event ID 62
This Machine is a PDC of the domain at the root of the forest. Configure to
sync from External time source using the net command, 'net
time/setsntp:<server name>'.
Event ID 54
The Windows Time Service was not able to find a Domain Controller. A time
and date update was not possible.

My problem is, this network will not be connected to Internet. How do I
solve this issue ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

JC

W32time and Event ID 62 & 54

Post by KM » Fri, 01 Mar 2002 14:26:07

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>I am setting up a Win2K server as PDC machine, everything
looks fine except
>the "w32time" is giving me 2 errors:

>Event ID 62
>This Machine is a PDC of the domain at the root of the

forest. Configure to
Quote:>sync from External time source using the net command, 'net
>time/setsntp:<server name>'.
>Event ID 54
>The Windows Time Service was not able to find a Domain
Controller. A time
>and date update was not possible.

>My problem is, this network will not be connected to
Internet. How do I
>solve this issue ?

>Thanks in advance for your help.

>JC

>Have you deleted the (.) in A.D. Users and computers.

If not you need to do this or your DNS server will not be
able to FWD. queries.

With the (.) in place your DNS server is autoratative for
your root domain and will not foreword any queries.

Once you delete the (.) your root hints file will load and
you can view the name servers on the DNS servers property
sheet root hints tab. Queries can now be sent to these NS.

Quote:>.

KM
MCSA

W32time and Event ID 62 & 54

Post by Johnny Che » Sat, 02 Mar 2002 14:12:04

But what does (.) have to do with w32time error message ?
I don't have any other error except this one.

Quote:

1. Event Viewer Error: 62 & 54: w32time

Any help on how to fix this?

This Machine is a PDC of the domain at the root of the forest. Configure to sync
from External time source using the net command,  'net time /setsntp:<server
name>'.  ID: 62

and

The Windows Time Service was not able to find a Domain Controller. A time and
date update was not possible.

2. REQ : DB2/SAP DBA on Linux Unix Windows

3. W32Time and EVENTS 62 and 54

4. Multiple Windows 2000 - one for Beta testing

5. sendmail domains

6. event source w32time event id 62 & 64

7. Programmer's tutorial

8. w32time event id 62 & 64

9. w32time Warning Event ID 54 and 64

10. Event id 62 w32time

11. How to resolve Error - Event ID = 62 - w32time