How to assign all users to a single local profile?

How to assign all users to a single local profile?

Post by Arje » Fri, 13 Sep 2002 22:53:06

I have a demo laptop (not part of an NT domain) on which I have several user
logins (all Administrators) to demonstrate different application behavior
based on the user ID. I would prefer not to have to worry about the
individual user settings for each user profile, so if possible, I would like
to have all user IDs use the local Administrator profile. That way, when a
one user changes e.g. a desktop or menu setting, it affects all users since
they all use that same profile.  How can I make this happen?

1. Use single profile for all users with roaming profile designated with a local path

We are beginning a Windows 2000 Professional rollout with a NT 4
Domain (no active directory).  One goal is to use one profile for all
users.  We are testing using a roaming profile but the path is set to
C:\documents and settings\companyname.

Has anyone ever done this and how does it work for you in production?

Another goal is to have all users that are using the same profile use
the same network printer.  One problem we are having in test is when
we assign the network printer using:

rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /c\\targetcomputer
/n\\server\printersharename

Only Domain admins and local administrators have permissions to use
the printer.  If I change a domain user to a domain admin they can
then see the printer in Settings->Printers.

Any help is much appreciated.  If you have another solution please
post.

2. Samba,atime and VC++

3. Copying W2K local user profile to the local default user profile

4. Why is the recevied fax image smaller when sending over VOIP?

5. Local Default User Profile not being copied to new user profile

6. Copy software

7. User profiles strategy for a single-user stand-alone machine

8. A3000 PPC Bus Fix?

9. User Profiles - Single User Machine

10. How to Specify Single Profile path for Local and Domain ID with Same name

11. win 2k pro...setting the local users profile to be on a separate local drive

12. Copying existing local profile to local damin profile

13. Getting permissions error, when attempting to copy local admin profile to Default User profile