"Automatically log off users when log on time expires

"Automatically log off users when log on time expires

Post by ERic » Fri, 31 Aug 2001 05:53:40

I haave a win2k network in native mode running AD, it is
basically a lab with fresh installs of win2k server and
win2k pro with the latest sp2 and all hotfixes

created a couple accounts that belong to the domain users
group with logon hours specified, all the rest is default
when the account was created

I defined for the default domain policy to "Automatically
log off users when log on time expires" set to enable.

When a user has surpassed the logon time they are not
automatically logged off, as I would expect.  If the user
log's off and tries to log back in,  the user is denied.
However it doesn't automatically log off users when the
logon time expires.  I remember this worked fine in NT.

1. Automatically log off users when login time expires

I have enabled a GPO for computers that is applying
several settings on the computer that are working fine.  I
enabled the "automatically log off users when login time
expires" under computer configuration, security settings,
security options, and I set the logon time for the user.
The logon time is working since I can't log into the
computer after the specified time, however it won't log
them off if they are already logged in.  Apparently lots
of people have had this problem but I don't see a solution
to it.  When I issue the "net accounts" command I get
various results depending on the user but if I run "net
accounts \forcelogoff:10" it will set it to 10 min. but
still won't log them off.... Argh.. Novell had this
feature years ago along with limiting the concurrent
logins which 2000 doesen't support at all without some
goofy resource kit add on.  Anyway does anyone know how to
force users to log off after the login time has expired.
The servers are ADS and the workstations are Windows XP.

Thanks

2. Blue Angels in Georgia This Year..

3. automatically log off users when logon time expires

4. Yamaha Sound Modules

5. Automatically log off users when logon time expires

6. Uploading HTML Files using Acornet FreeFTP

7. Server does not automatically log off users when logon time expires

8. TMI-97 Conference Announcement

9. automatically log off users when logon time expires

10. Automatically log off users when logon time expires dows not work

11. Forcing a user to log off when time expires?

12. Can't log off users when idle time expires??

13. user not log off when time expire