APC Back-UPS help

Post by Janusz Czude » Fri, 26 Oct 2001 03:45:46

Hi,

I'm trying to shutdown the ups after shutting down server using
simple-signalling cable and native ups service in Windows 2000 Server.

But it doesn't work. Has anyone succeed in configuring ups service in such a
way?

Thanks,

Janusz Czudek
WORD Software
www.wordsoft.com.pl

1. Problem APC USB Back-UPS CS 500VA with Windows 200

Hi,

I installed this APC UPS and its supplied driver and Power Options
Configuration Wizard application/software for Windows 2000. Since the
installation was done with my own Windows 2000 login account with
administrator priviledge, if I log into Windows 2000 with my account, I'd
see on the task bar the UPS icon with the indicator "On AC Power" , but if I
log into this Windows 2000 with another account aslo with administrator
priviledge or login with the Windows 2000 build-in Administrator account, I
won't see this UPS icon on the windows' task bar, which I believe indicates
that it is not running any Power Schemes or monitoring the UPS battery.
Anything idea what's wrong here? Why I can't see the Power Options
configuration icon if I log into the Windows 2000 with an account which is
not the one with which I installed the APC UPS driver and Power Options
Configuration Wizard?

Thanks,
James

2. "Sell" Volunteers?

3. APC Back-Ups 500va

4. Java question

5. APC Back-UPS Pro 350 problems with USB / Win2k

6. Dial-Up Networking 1.2 does NOT fix the slow speed problem!

7. APC Back UPS-Pro 350 (USB) under Win2k ...

8. Reading Mac files

9. APC UPS'S & NO AUTO REBOOT

10. Problem with APC USB Backup-UPS CS 500VA with Windows 2000

11. APC Backup-Pro UPS 500

12. APC UPS can not detect COM1

13. APC UPS's & NO AUTO REBOOT