Re-Formatting Hard Drive, New install of Windows 2000 Advanced Server

Re-Formatting Hard Drive, New install of Windows 2000 Advanced Server

Post by Liam Drak » Thu, 27 Jun 2002 20:13:12

Hello, I'm currently on Windows XP Professional and I want to reformat my
hard drive and new install Windows 2000 Advanced Server, Is there any boot
disks or anything I need to reformat and install Windows 2000 Advanced
Server?, I have already backed up my server files (MySQL Server etc...)

Cheer's, Liam Drake

Re-Formatting Hard Drive, New install of Windows 2000 Advanced Server

Post by a » Fri, 28 Jun 2002 01:26:00

No, you should be able to boot to the installation from
the CD.
Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Hello, I'm currently on Windows XP Professional and I
want to reformat my
>hard drive and new install Windows 2000 Advanced Server,
Is there any boot
>disks or anything I need to reformat and install Windows
>Server?, I have already backed up my server files (MySQL
Server etc...)

>Cheer's, Liam Drake

>.

Re-Formatting Hard Drive, New install of Windows 2000 Advanced Server

Post by Michael [MS » Fri, 28 Jun 2002 02:05:43

If you set your system to boot from a cd, just boot from the Advanced Server
disk. During the setup you will have the option of reformatting and
partioning the disk. If you cant boot from a cd, you can create setup floppy
disks from the Install cd.
To create setup disks
  1.. Insert a blank, formatted, 3.5-inch, 1.44-MB disk into the floppy disk
drive.
  2.. Insert the Windows 2000 CD-ROM into the CD-ROM drive.
  3.. Click Start, and then click Run.
  4.. In the Open box, type d:\bootdisk\makeboot a: (where d: is the drive
letter assigned to your CD-ROM drive), and then click OK.
  5.. Follow the screen prompts.
--
Michael Eisenhart
Microsoft Support Professional

Quote:> Hello, I'm currently on Windows XP Professional and I want to reformat my
> hard drive and new install Windows 2000 Advanced Server, Is there any boot
> disks or anything I need to reformat and install Windows 2000 Advanced
> Server?, I have already backed up my server files (MySQL Server etc...)

> Cheer's, Liam Drake

1. re-formatting a hard drive

Hello,
I would like to re-format a hard drive on an IBM Think Pad
computer, with Windows 2000 professional.
I tried the Microsoft Knowledge Base article 313672, which
suggested the use of the Recovery Console. No luck, it did
not re-format.
Does anybody have a suggestion? I would greatly appreciate
some help, especially a step by step one, if possible.
:)
Thanks,
Adam

2. Pro/E interfacing with Cadence Allegro

3. Re-Formatting Hard drive

4. Conditional vertical spacing before headings

5. Can I change a hard drive lable without re-formatting?

6. FS:....EIDE HD's Quantum/Western Digital, 6.4GB $411, NO OEM's 9/12/97

7. Windows 2000 won't install to a freshly formatted Hard Drive..help!!

8. once more plz: How do you time a piece of code?

9. RE-formatting C: drive running Win 2000

10. Installing a new hard drive under Windows 2000

11. Copying Windows 2000 Server Installation to new Hard Drive

12. win 2000 server format hard drive?

13. Formatting Hard drive that has Windows 2000 as OS