registry question - hardware

Post by Evan Man » Sat, 10 Feb 2001 14:31:18

For those of you familiar with Win9x, this is the best way to describe what
I'd like to know:

In Win9x, if you delete HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Enum, on the next reboot, Windows
will redetect all your hardware (or you may have to manually run the find
new hardware wizard).  It's exactly the same process as when you first
install Win9x (not an upgrade).

What I would like to know, is there a similar key (or keys) in the Windows
2000 registry that make Windows2000 perform the same task?

I ask this because I will be changing from an Intel BX based motherboard to
a Tyan VIA Apollo Pro 133A based motherboard and would look to a) not
re-install the OS and b) have as little problems as possible.