Restoring network connections

Post by Bill Keele » Sun, 24 Jun 2001 06:03:41

I just upgraded from Win98 SE to 2K. When I log on, I have to supply my
Windows password, then when trying to map some network drives, I have to
type that password again. Is there any way to avoid that? In Win 98 there's
a quick logon alterative, and you never have to retype the password
(assuming that your Windows pwd is the same as that required for mapped
drives on your peer network).

Also, I don't always have all of my machines on, so when a mapped drive
can't be found I am prompted as to whether I want to keep restoring
connections or not. Is there a way to supress such prompting?

The other machines on my network are Win 98, and Linux (running Samba).

Thanks,

Bill

1. Speed up Restoring Network Connections at start up

On the same computer, if I boot into Win 98,  I enter a password to restore
network connections, but if I boot into Win 2000, I am not asked to supply a
password and it takes quite some time to restore the drive connections.

The last drive letter is a CD-ROM drive. It does not matter if there is
(not) a CD-ROM in the drive.
How can I speed this up?

--
Please post your response to the newsgroup. Do not email me a copy of the
message.

http://www.standards.com/ipusers/standards; Programming and support for
Word macros, including converting from WordBasic to VBA; Technical
reviewing; Standards; Product functional/design/specifications

2. Question: Samba and AutoCAD

3. Repost: Restore Network Connections

4. E-MAIL LIST!

5. Restoring Network Connections

6. Emacs versions and implementations, and conditionalized read

7. restoring network connections !

8. VACUUM on database with open transaction returns error?

9. "restore network connection" window

10. Win 2000 on Notebook can not restore Network connection on conecting back to net

11. Restoring Network Connections error

12. Restoring Network Connections - Not automatic

13. "Error restoring network connections" prompt for laptop users