Question On Norton Ghost And NTFS Partitions

Question On Norton Ghost And NTFS Partitions

Post by Howard Slome » Fri, 24 Mar 2000 04:00:00

   Robert,

            Take a look at Norton's web site.  I don't think the personal
edition works with Win2000/NTFS.  I installed 6.0 standard edition and
upgraded to 6.03 (free).  It works fine but must be run from DOS and you
must have a FAT partition somewhere on your system to create the image file.

                                                            Howard

Quote:> I have Norton Ghost 6.0, Personal Edition, but I don't quite understand
how
> to use it with NTFS partitions.  I don't seem to be able to run it from
> within Win2K (Server), and if I boot with a Win98 disk the NTFS partition
> isn't seen.

> Can someone step me through how to go about backing up and restoring a
Win2K
> NTFS partition???

> (To a large extent, this same question applies to Drive Image and Take2 as
> well)

> Thanks,
> Bob Cohen

1. Can't see NTFS partition with Norton Ghost 2001

 Hello,
I recently wanted to restore a Win 2k image after converting my Fat32
c: partition to NTFS. When a launched Norton Ghost 2001 it did not see
the NTFS partition at all? Any thoughts on this? Should I make a new
boot disk to make this work?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

--
Eric G. Suchanek

"Sarcastic? I'm NEVER sarcastic."

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

2. Amiga 2000

3. norton ghost - how can i access NTFS partition on a 2k server

4. Oracle national language support / Oracle for Netware

5. how to do image disk NTFS using Norton Ghost?

6. SMS 2.0 server migration

7. Using Norton Ghost with NTFS ?

8. How to get process or thread address?

9. norton ghost; will it clone the cluster size on ntfs as well?

10. REQUIRE Norton Ghost v 6.5/NTFS

11. Norton Ghost & Multiple Partitions

12. Norton ghost NTFS

13. Norton Ghost 2001 And NTFS