Network not present or not started, dial-up, Win2K

Network not present or not started, dial-up, Win2K

Post by rakefet.. » Tue, 03 Dec 2002 19:28:40

Hi,

I'm trying to browse the network. Dial-up connection on Win2K
over VPN. File and print sharing is enabled. I can ping the remote
server, but when I try to browse I get the error:
network not present or not started.

No error in the event log.

Any idea?

thanks,
Rakefet.

Post by rakefet.. » Mon, 09 Dec 2002 19:16:06

Hi,

I'm trying to browse the network. Dial-up connection on Win2K
over VPN. File and print sharing is enabled. I can ping the remote
server, but when I try to browse I get the error:
network not present or not started.

No error in the event log.

Any idea?

thanks,
Rakefet.

Network not present or not started, dial-up, Win2K

Post by Dusty Harper {MS » Sat, 14 Dec 2002 08:39:30

Can you ping any IPs on the remote network?  This is usually caused by name
resolution issues.  In this case namely WINS as it helps populate the
Network Places

--
Dusty Harper
Microsoft Corporation

Quote:> Hi,

> I'm trying to browse the network. Dial-up connection on Win2K
> over VPN. File and print sharing is enabled. I can ping the remote
> server, but when I try to browse I get the error:
> network not present or not started.

> No error in the event log.

> Any idea?

> thanks,
> Rakefet.

Network not present or not started, dial-up, Win2K

Post by Microsof » Tue, 14 Jan 2003 13:31:52

Workstaton service might not be running - if so, start it.

Quote:> Hi,

> I'm trying to browse the network. Dial-up connection on Win2K
> over VPN. File and print sharing is enabled. I can ping the remote
> server, but when I try to browse I get the error:
> network not present or not started.

> No error in the event log.

> Any idea?

> thanks,
> Rakefet.

1. "Unable to browse network" error... network not present or not started

HELP!!
Under win2000 pro- cannot get two computers to see each
other
all hardware/drivers/protocals seem to be fine
no errors
when i click on the ENTIRE NETWORK icon in the MY NETWORK
PLACES window, that's the message i get
tried cmd window and natstat -a to see process but no port
# returned
Do I need a complete windows reinstall?
tried windows recovery but did not solve the problem.
ANYBODY?

2. Free POP3 E-Mail Server

3. Network not present or not started error

4. IIR Filter

5. Network not present or not started

6. How use powerflash with dryer buzzer?

7. network not present or not started?

8. Drivers for 32-bit ethernet cards?

9. "The network is not present or not started"

10. "The network is not started or not present"

11. Network Not Present or Not Started

12. The network is not present or not started

13. Network not present or not started