Application Errors (Event Viewer)

Application Errors (Event Viewer)

Post by Hank Arnol » Thu, 15 Jun 2000 04:00:00



I've just noticed in my Event Viewer that I'm getting the
following errors under the "Application Log" on every boot. I
never noticed them since I was focusing on any errors in the
System Log. Can anyone tell me what they are? I tried looking on
the MS site, but I guess I'm just not looking in the right
places?? These errors have been occurring since 3/27 about 2
weeks after I installed W2K...............

WinMgmt   Event ID 37   "WMI ADAP was unable to load the
perfproc.dll performance library due to an unknown problem
within the library: 0x0"

WinMgmt   Event ID 37   "WMI ADAP was unable to load the
winspool.drv performance library due to an unknown problem
within the library: 0x0 "

Perfctrs        Event ID 3101   "Unable to read IO control
information from NBT device. "

Thanks in advance...........
--
Regards,
Hank Arnold

 
 
 

Application Errors (Event Viewer)

Post by Paul Borowic » Thu, 15 Jun 2000 04:00:00


I had this happen to me, see KB article:

Event ID 37 for WinMgmt Entries in the Application Event Log in Windows 2000
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q255/6/29.ASP

Don't know about the Event ID 3101

--Paul


Quote:> I've just noticed in my Event Viewer that I'm getting the
> following errors under the "Application Log" on every boot. I
> never noticed them since I was focusing on any errors in the
> System Log. Can anyone tell me what they are? I tried looking on
> the MS site, but I guess I'm just not looking in the right
> places?? These errors have been occurring since 3/27 about 2
> weeks after I installed W2K...............

> WinMgmt   Event ID 37 "WMI ADAP was unable to load the
> perfproc.dll performance library due to an unknown problem
> within the library: 0x0"

> WinMgmt   Event ID 37 "WMI ADAP was unable to load the
> winspool.drv performance library due to an unknown problem
> within the library: 0x0 "

> Perfctrs Event ID 3101 "Unable to read IO control
> information from NBT device. "

> Thanks in advance...........
> --
> Regards,
> Hank Arnold


 
 
 

Application Errors (Event Viewer)

Post by Stan Gun » Thu, 15 Jun 2000 04:00:00


See this URL for information on 3101.
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q257/7/60.ASP

For the utility EXCTRLST.EXE in EXTCRLST.ZIP go to:
ftp://ftp.microsoft.com
ResKit, Windows 2000.

--
Stan Gunn
W2k Tips and Tricks
http://win2000tips.home.att.net/
Resistance is futile....The Borg


Quote:> I've just noticed in my Event Viewer that I'm getting the
> following errors under the "Application Log" on every boot. I
> never noticed them since I was focusing on any errors in the
> System Log. Can anyone tell me what they are? I tried looking on
> the MS site, but I guess I'm just not looking in the right
> places?? These errors have been occurring since 3/27 about 2
> weeks after I installed W2K...............

> WinMgmt   Event ID 37 "WMI ADAP was unable to load the
> perfproc.dll performance library due to an unknown problem
> within the library: 0x0"

> WinMgmt   Event ID 37 "WMI ADAP was unable to load the
> winspool.drv performance library due to an unknown problem
> within the library: 0x0 "

> Perfctrs Event ID 3101 "Unable to read IO control
> information from NBT device. "

> Thanks in advance...........
> --
> Regards,
> Hank Arnold

 
 
 

Application Errors (Event Viewer)

Post by Hank Arnol » Thu, 15 Jun 2000 04:00:00




Quote:>  had this happen to me, see KB article:

> Event ID 37 for WinMgmt Entries in the Application Event Log in Windows 2000
> http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q255/6/29.ASP

> Don't know about the Event ID 3101

Thanks... Interesting that they say it was only in pre-Release
Candidate 3 versions... Mine was a shrink-wrap package.
--
Regards,
Hank Arnold
 
 
 

Application Errors (Event Viewer)

Post by Hank Arnol » Thu, 15 Jun 2000 04:00:00




Quote:> See this URL for information on 3101.
> http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q257/7/60.ASP

> For the utility EXCTRLST.EXE in EXTCRLST.ZIP go to:
> ftp://ftp.microsoft.com
> ResKit, Windows 20

Much appreciated.... I'll check it out next AM when I boot up.
--
Regards,
Hank Arnold
 
 
 

Application Errors (Event Viewer)

Post by mattschmot.. » Fri, 16 Jun 2000 04:00:00


Hello Hank,

Is the remote registry service running on this system getting these
errors below?  If not, start it up and reboot.  Do you still get the
errors?



Quote:> I've just noticed in my Event Viewer that I'm getting the
> following errors under the "Application Log" on every boot. I
> never noticed them since I was focusing on any errors in the
> System Log. Can anyone tell me what they are? I tried looking on
> the MS site, but I guess I'm just not looking in the right
> places?? These errors have been occurring since 3/27 about 2
> weeks after I installed W2K...............

> WinMgmt   Event ID 37      "WMI ADAP was unable to load the
> perfproc.dll performance library due to an unknown problem
> within the library: 0x0"

> WinMgmt   Event ID 37      "WMI ADAP was unable to load the
> winspool.drv performance library due to an unknown problem
> within the library: 0x0 "

> Perfctrs   Event ID 3101   "Unable to read IO control
> information from NBT device. "

> Thanks in advance...........
> --
> Regards,
> Hank Arnold

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.
 
 
 

Application Errors (Event Viewer)

Post by Hank Arnol » Fri, 16 Jun 2000 04:00:00




Quote:

> I've just noticed in my Event Viewer that I'm getting the
> following errors under the "Application Log" on every boot.

Thanks to Paul Borowicz and Stan Gunn. Error messages are no
longer appearing...... Gotta love newsgroups..........
--
Regards,
Hank Arnold
 
 
 

1. Why error Event ID 2004 for PerfNet in Application Event Viewer?, pcumming

Am getting this message and not sure why. Nothing running in
background at all. Win 2K machine, standalone.

Perfnet:
Unable to open the Server service. Server performance data  will not
be returned. Error code returned is in data DWORD 0.

Seems to ahppen every day.

I did add a registry key as someone suggested to disable Perfdisk,
Perfomrance for Current Control set. This is found under Services for
HKEY Locl Machine.
Key was Disable Performance Counters  which I set to 1.

But I still get the error.

Thanks, Peter

2. Need Maps?

3. event viewer, error: event id 1000, event id 1202, but with return value (5)

4. 4sale pilotpro

5. event viewer, error: event id 1000, event id 1202, but with return value of (5)

6. Are you looking for hardware or software?

7. Perflib Error (Event Viewer>Application Log)

8. I/O benchmark archive

9. application errors in Event Viewer

10. perfproc.dl error in the event viewer application log

11. application event from event viewer?

12. Event Viewer (Application Log Errors)

13. Errors in Event Viewer System and Application log