Connecting Windows "ME" Computer to Win2000 domain

Connecting Windows "ME" Computer to Win2000 domain

Post by Mitc » Thu, 26 Jul 2001 15:01:16

Hi,
I am trying to connect a Windows "ME" Computer to a
Win2000 domain. I have the domain checked and the domain
name entered under the microsoft client properties in
network neighborhood.  I also have the domain name entered
on the identification tab workgroup box.  I have no
problem receiving an IP address from DHCP.  I have
successfully done a release and renew to make sure it was
working.  When I try to log into the domain, I get an
error message that states "no domain server was available
to validate your password.  You may not be able to gain
access to some network resources".  I have no problems
logging in with a Windows 98 computer setup identically to
the Windows "ME" computer. I also have no problem
authenticating NT 4.0 and Win2000 workstations.  Any
thoughts? Is there some thing I should be doing on the
server side?