How to properly delete archived service pack uninstall folder??

How to properly delete archived service pack uninstall folder??

Post by dude » Thu, 31 Oct 2002 23:24:13

Hi,
I'd like to know how to get rid of the archived service pack uninstall?  The
only thing I can think of is to manually delete the $NtServicePackUninstall$
folder under %systemroot%\, then delete the uninstall entry under
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall.  Can
anyone please verify if this is correct?

thank you

Post by MV » Fri, 01 Nov 2002 00:46:07

> Hi,
> I'd like to know how to get rid of the archived service pack uninstall?  The
> only thing I can think of is to manually delete the $NtServicePackUninstall$
> folder under %systemroot%\, then delete the uninstall entry under
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall.  Can
> anyone please verify if this is correct?

Hi

Yes, this is the correct way to do it.

--
torgeir
Microsoft MVP Scripting and WMI

1. Service Pack 3: Delete the "Uninstall" Folder to Free Up Space?

After installing W2K Pro SP3, it created a $NtServicePackUninstall$
directory (258MB).

After a few weeks without problems, I figure I no longer would have a need
to uninstall SP3, therefore I don't need that "uninstall" folder taking up
so much space on my hard disk.

What is the best way to reclaim the disk space currently occupied by the
"uninstall" folder?  Can I simply delete it?

Please advise.

Thanks.

Gary Grathen
Raleigh, NC

2. MS Proxy 2 + UNIX?

3. Deleting Service Pack/Hotfix Uninstall Folders

4. SPARCstation 10 Special

5. Can I delete the Service Pack Files folder

6. P50 Latency?

7. Service Pack - Installing components after service pack has already been installed

8. T-Mobile USA GPRS & IE User/Password???

9. Outlook Deleted items appearing in the Archive Delete bin

10. Restore deleted STARTUP folder to work properly

11. Uninstalling Service Pack 3

12. Service Pack 1 Uninstall -- Win2K