Event ID 5782 -- Has anyone seen this before?

Post by Microsoft NewsGroup » Wed, 11 Apr 2001 03:00:32

I'm running Windows 2000 Advanced Server on a Presario 5000 at home.
WINS and DNS are properly configured ( I get good name resolution
from both Ping by Name and by Number), but this warning comes up in the
Event Log about every two hours:

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: NETLOGON
Event Category: None
Event ID: 5782
Date:  4/9/2001
Time:  8:58:10 AM
User:  N/A
Computer: DILBERT
Dynamic registration or deregistration of one or more DNS records failed
with the following error: No DNS servers configured for local system.
Data:
0000: 7c 26 00 00               |&..

Any ideas? Can't seem to find anything about it on the Microsoft Websites
or in the Reskit Event & Error Messages Help File.

Thanks!

Roger

Event ID 5782 -- Has anyone seen this before?

Post by Jerold Schulma » Wed, 11 Apr 2001 20:47:26

I believe SP2, when released, will stop the erroneous message.

Quote:>I'm running Windows 2000 Advanced Server on a Presario 5000 at home.
>WINS and DNS are properly configured ( I get good name resolution
>from both Ping by Name and by Number), but this warning comes up in the
>Event Log about every two hours:

>Event Type: Warning
>Event Source: NETLOGON
>Event Category: None
>Event ID: 5782
>Date:  4/9/2001
>Time:  8:58:10 AM
>User:  N/A
>Computer: DILBERT
>Dynamic registration or deregistration of one or more DNS records failed
>with the following error: No DNS servers configured for local system.
>Data:
>0000: 7c 26 00 00               |&..

>Any ideas? Can't seem to find anything about it on the Microsoft Websites
>or in the Reskit Event & Error Messages Help File.

>Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

>Thanks!

>Roger

Jerold Schulman / MVP
JSI, Inc.
http://www.jsiinc.com

1. Warning in Event Viewer about Netlogon Event ID: 5782 and about DHCP service Event ID: 1002

Hi,

Sorry for these questions (maybe because it's too simple). I have problems
with my machine (Win2K Server SP1) with DNS Server, DHCP Server, Global
Catalog and Active Directory in it, but no WINS. Protocols installed are
NetBeui and TCP/IP. Here is I enclosed from the Event Viewer :

Warning #1 : -> it happens everytime I restart the DHCP Server service
***************************

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: DhcpServer
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1002
Date:  12/30/2000
Time:  10:38:18 PM
User:  N/A
Computer: SERVER1
The DHCP service failed to initialize its global parameters.  The following
error occurred:
%%0
Data:
0000: 00 00 00 00               ....

Warning #2 : -> It happens everytime I restart the Netlogon service
***********************

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: NETLOGON
Event Category: None
Event ID: 5782
Date:  12/30/2000
Time:  10:38:03 PM
User:  N/A
Computer: SERVER1
Dynamic registration or deregistration of one or more DNS records failed
with the following error:
No DNS servers configured for local system.
Data:
0000: 7c 26 00 00               |&..

Please, if any of you have any suggestions, advices or comments. I would
like to know what should I do with these problems.
TIA.

Best Regards,
Tony Yuwono

2. Help finding DSL Provider

3. Event ID 5782

4. How to programmtically detect PAE version of ntoskrnl

5. No DNS Servers Configured - Event ID 5782

6. Palm III backup

7. Event ID 5782

8. Dark Fonts

9. Error Event ID: 5782, Not In Technet, Please Help

10. DNS Event ID 5782

11. Event ID: 5782 - Netlogon

12. Event ID 5782

13. event id 5782